Should Allen Robinson return?

Heinz D.

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

In reality though, so much of how we approach WR will be predicated on what Flus and Getsy and Poles think of Mooney. There’s a lot to like there, but I’m not sure he ever gets to a #1 level. If they think he can be a high end 2 and that they can draft a guy with #1 traits then our WRa in FA might fall more under in the Byron Pringle territory. 

I don't know if I agree with you on that. Mooney put up some really impressive numbers last season, in an overall craptacular offense. He might be at the level of a #1 guy right now. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know if I agree with you on that. Mooney put up some really impressive numbers last season, in an overall craptacular offense. He might be at the level of a #1 guy right now. 

It’s possible, but it’s still an unknown. He certainly flashes the potential. He didn’t look super out of place last year when cast as our de facto #1. In a talent-customized offense this year hopefully we see more consistency in the higher end production. That’s the next step for him IMO. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

It’s possible, but it’s still an unknown. He certainly flashes the potential. He didn’t look super out of place last year when cast as our de facto #1. In a talent-customized offense this year hopefully we see more consistency in the higher end production. That’s the next step for him IMO. 

To be clear, if he ends up being a Brandon Cooks-like player (top tier #2) that’s a friggin’ home run IMO. 

43 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I'd imagine that with more legit threats out there with him, we'll see a higher number of chunk plays from Mooney. We'll see.

42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

To be clear, if he ends up being a Brandon Cooks-like player (top tier #2) that’s a friggin’ home run IMO. 

That'd put him on the Bears all-time WR top ten, wouldn't it? 😄

Edited by Heinz D.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

One of the reasons the offense was craptacular was Mooney being forced 140 targets.

For reference here are Mooney's ranks among the guys who were targeted 100+ times:

• Catch % - 57.9% (38 of 41)
  • ADOT - 11.1 (16 of 41)
  • Yds/Target - 7.9 (29 of 41)
  • YAC/Rec- 4.7 (12 of 41)
  • Drop % - 6.4% (34 of 41)
Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

One of the reasons the offense was craptacular was Mooney being forced 140 targets.

For reference here are Mooney's ranks among the guys who were targeted 100+ times:

• Catch % - 57.9% (38 of 41)
  • ADOT - 11.1 (16 of 41)
  • Yds/Target - 7.9 (29 of 41)
  • YAC/Rec- 4.7 (12 of 41)
  • Drop % - 6.4% (34 of 41)

I'm kind of surprised that there were that many guys targeted over a hundred times. The catch percentage is concerning, but only to a degree. We all saw what went down with the offense last season. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm kind of surprised that there were that many guys targeted over a hundred times. The catch percentage is concerning, but only to a degree. We all saw what went down with the offense last season. 

I was at first but that is just basically 33 teams having one guy targeted 6 times a game at minimum, plus 9 heavily targeted #2 guys. An extra game plus the league becoming more and more pass happy and we may even get upwards of 60 guys getting at least 100 targets in a season in the next 10 years or so. Lol

• Like 1