Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

so this statement literally doesnt make sense.

You agree that they arent as good as the stats make them look (2nd best DVOA).....but then you say theyre still one of the best in the league. 

Initially when I said it, I wasn't sure if he was going off the perception that Denver was the best defense in the league or how their defense has been viewed over the last two years.  Since I thought he might have been referring to them being the best, I said I agreed.  I'm not sure what the current stats say about them as a defensive unit, I just know that from watching them play they're one of the best defenses in the league.  I think two weeks ago, I saw that Jacksonville was allowing the fewest points per game (tied with Seattle), but I wouldn't say that the Jags have the best defense.  I mean, they might have the best defense, but I want to see them do it the entire season first.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I think as we see him build more confidence, we'll see more of the good Blake.

I sure hope so. I really like Blake as a person. He's an awesome guy.

Had a great game last week too. So back to back performances like this is definitely promising.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Please tell me where I said the Broncos defense was bad.

The whole argument was the claim that this current defense is as good as they were the past two years.

The 2015 defense was in the conversation for greatest defense of all time.  Saying this defense is on par with that is just being purposefully ignorant.

Where did I say that you said the Broncos defense was bad?

All I'm saying is that the stats you presented are a bit misleading.

Just now, showtime said:

Initially when I said it, I wasn't sure if he was going off the perception that Denver was the best defense in the league or how their defense has been viewed over the last two years.  Since I thought he might have been referring to them being the best, I said I agreed.  I'm not sure what the current stats say about them as a defensive unit, I just know that from watching them play they're one of the best defenses in the league.  I think two weeks ago, I saw that Jacksonville was allowing the fewest points per game (tied with Seattle), but I wouldn't say that the Jags have the best defense.  I mean, they might have the best defense, but I want to see them do it the entire season first.

I was mostly giving you crap lol

Stats say they are the first or second best defense.

But that might change after today anyway lol

Just now, tonyto36 said:

How convenient of you to completely ignore all my points because you can't explain them away with more idiocy.

If you really can't figure out how defense effects field position, you need to start watching football or read a book.  

HE WAS SAYING THAT THE OFFENSE HAS BEEN EFFECTING THE DEFENSE. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. HOW DO YOU NOT GET THIS??

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:
2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Stopped reading your post after this.

"bangs head on table"

How convenient of you to completely ignore all my points because you can't explain them away with more idiocy.

If you really can't figure out how defense effects field position, you need to start watching football or read a book.  

Y'all need to settle down. Take a breather. No need to get in trouble over something silly.

Archived