Super Bowl

Beck Bristow

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Great article, thanks for posting.  The X's and O's really interest in this game, since that's basically how the Bengals have won the last few games (X's and O's advantage, particularly on defense).  The Rams are doubt the "better" team in several aspects, but the Bengals can certainly scheme some advantages.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, Beck Bristow said:

I keep getting emotional about it.  It's crazy.  Amazing ride for the fans.

Sadly Columbus is lame and the ****'s Sporting Goods store I went into didn't have any AFC champs stuff and just a single pullover.  Lots of Juju whatever-whatever jerseys though.  Lame.  I know there are a bunch of us here.  Hopefully this will perk them up a little!

I live in Cincinnati and the available apparel is pretty hit here as well. I decided to get some transfer paper and make my own gear. So far I've just made one of Burrow smoking that cigar at LSU but photoshopped (MSPaint) it to be a Bengals jersey. Had been thinking about how I might like an AFC champions shirt to look. Original plan last Saturday was to take a Sharpie to a white T, so progress!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otg said:

I live in Cincinnati and the available apparel is pretty hit here as well. I decided to get some transfer paper and make my own gear. So far I've just made one of Burrow smoking that cigar at LSU but photoshopped (MSPaint) it to be a Bengals jersey. Had been thinking about how I might like an AFC champions shirt to look. Original plan last Saturday was to take a Sharpie to a white T, so progress!

I actually found some at a different DSG. I've got the AFC Champs t shirt they w were wearing after the game and a super bowl beanie.  One of my Browns fan friends asked if I'd still want it if they lost.  I told him I'd probably just do whatever he did with his Browns super bowl gear🤷

16 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I actually found some at a different DSG. I've got the AFC Champs t shirt they w were wearing after the game and a super bowl beanie.  One of my Browns fan friends asked if I'd still want it if they lost.  I told him I'd probably just do whatever he did with his Browns super bowl gear🤷

Yeah idk what I'd do with AFC champion apparel if we lost the Owl.

However my dad had an AFC champion hat from Owl XVI and I had that squirreled away at the last watch party to pull it if we won.

So in 40 years such items can have a value. For being retro style. Or sentimental value for your children if you... We can skip that idea.

I know it goes against what most are saying, but Stafford has a TON of pressure for this game. Cincy D has been playing high end at the right time of the year. I really think cinci wins this. Stuns the world one more time. Hopefully the oline hears about how bad everyone thinks they are and they come out and overachieve. 

The cinci D has at least earned enough respect to not assume a blow out. A low score game is more likely in my opinion. But burrow and chase are due for a breakout game.

5 hours ago, Pandrew87 said:

I know it goes against what most are saying, but Stafford has a TON of pressure for this game. Cincy D has been playing high end at the right time of the year. I really think cinci wins this. Stuns the world one more time. Hopefully the oline hears about how bad everyone thinks they are and they come out and overachieve. 

The cinci D has at least earned enough respect to not assume a blow out. A low score game is more likely in my opinion. But burrow and chase are due for a breakout game.

I continue to hear Stafford has a ton of pressure but he really don’t. His pressure was in the wildcard round against the Cards. He never won a playoff game and was on center stage for MNF and won. I felt like if Stafford got past that game the rest would be easy for him bc he got that monkey off his back. So people keep pushing that narrative for crazy reasons. They’ve been doing it since Week 1 of the regular season and this is the Superbowl now. You would think at some point people would just say Stafford has thrived so that narrative has no meaning at this point.

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I continue to hear Stafford has a ton of pressure but he really don’t. His pressure was in the wildcard round against the Cards. He never won a playoff game and was on center stage for MNF and won. I felt like if Stafford got past that game the rest would be easy for him bc he got that monkey off his back. So people keep pushing that narrative for crazy reasons. They’ve been doing it since Week 1 of the regular season and this is the Superbowl now. You would think at some point people would just say Stafford has thrived so that narrative has no meaning at this point.

People can't let some narratives go. We keep hearing about Burrow is going to swarmed by the Rams Dline.  Well yah, that's happened in all 19 games he's played so far this year.  Why should this one be different?  And why should it suddenly keep him from playing at a high level?

I am curious how Stafford does on this stage.  Since you dropped in and i'm lazy - what's his performance look like in spotlight games?  Prime time, against playoff teams, etc.  Might be hard to look up, and even tease out some performances when his team was so bad around him (Detroit).  I genuinely don't know how the guy plays when the stage gets bigger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theJ said:

People can't let some narratives go. We keep hearing about Burrow is going to swarmed by the Rams Dline.  Well yah, that's happened in all 19 games he's played so far this year.  Why should this one be different?  And why should it suddenly keep him from playing at a high level?

I am curious how Stafford does on this stage.  Since you dropped in and i'm lazy - what's his performance look like in spotlight games?  Prime time, against playoff teams, etc.  Might be hard to look up, and even tease out some performances when his team was so bad around him (Detroit).  I genuinely don't know how the guy plays when the stage gets bigger.

Stafford played horrible in the three game losing stretch against the Titans, Niners, but he was ok against the Packers. The Titans game he didn’t practice all week bc of a back injury so I think that played a big factor in him struggling like he did. The Niners game it was losing Woods and trying to get OBJ some playing time along with the rookie Skowronek. The offense was out of sync with drops and the Rams weren’t running the ball which shocked me. The Packers game Stafford looked better but still he threw two picks one of which was a pick six. 

I thought the season turned around on the MNF game against the Cards in Arizona when the Rams had several key starters missing due to covid. Donald carried the defense and Stafford carried the offense. He was sensational. Then obviously he has been sensational in the playoffs. He needs 310yds in the Superbowl to have the most passing yards for any QB ever in one postseason history. I think Stafford overall has handled this season great even when he had his bad moments he bounced right back and had great moments. 

This Superbowl is with two resilient QBs that don’t get too high or too low and are both extremely competitive and confident in their abilities. I’m an LSU fan so I know what Burrow can do. I believed in Burrow before a lot of other LSU fans did back in 2018. I knew he had “IT”. Stafford finally is getting to show what he can do when he has a competent organization to support him. So either way I’ll be happy for Burrow or Stafford to win on Sunday. I think both QBs has more opportunities to win another Superbowl moving forward too. Stafford with the Rams will play at least another 5yrs of great ball and Burrow has at least 10-12 years if not more of great ball. So these are exciting times and I’m here for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I snuck out and went.  It was fun, but I'm looking forward to a much larger one next week............

I have called off work on Monday already assuming I will be too hung over to work. And if they do win, they know I will be gone for the parade as well. What a time to be alive