Super Bowl

Beck Bristow

34 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I have called off work on Monday already assuming I will be too hung over to work. And if they do win, they know I will be gone for the parade as well. What a time to be alive 

I'm taking care of my mom right now.  In Cincy.  Makes it much easier to get there quickly.

Strange that the narrative has become how unstoppable the Rams are and how we have no chance. I would have thought getting there proves we shouldn't be discounted. Our offensive line has been bad for awhile, regardless of who was on the other side. Obviously,  the Rams are a good team, but I don't see any reason we shouldn't  e able to keep in thus game.

28 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Strange that the narrative has become how unstoppable the Rams are and how we have no chance. I would have thought getting there proves we shouldn't be discounted. Our offensive line has been bad for awhile, regardless of who was on the other side. Obviously,  the Rams are a good team, but I don't see any reason we shouldn't  e able to keep in thus game.

That is the narrative for every game we have played really. No chance we were stopping Henry or scoring on that defense. Then it was no chance we keep up with the chiefs. The past 30 years of Bengals football has made it to where people don't believe we belong no matter what happens on the field. So of course the narrative is we cannot beat the Rams. And for all I know, we lose badly in the game. But at this point the Bengals should not be discounted at all. Even if the Bengals win, they still won't be respected. 

4 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

That is the narrative for every game we have played really. No chance we were stopping Henry or scoring on that defense. Then it was no chance we keep up with the chiefs. The past 30 years of Bengals football has made it to where people don't believe we belong no matter what happens on the field. So of course the narrative is we cannot beat the Rams. And for all I know, we lose badly in the game. But at this point the Bengals should not be discounted at all. Even if the Bengals win, they still won't be respected. 

Right, I'm sure there will be an asterisk for some. Just odd too me, considering these are two 4 seeds.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

People look at paper matchups and that’s it. Most people haven’t watched the Bengals this year, they haven’t seen the magic. There’s something to be said for culture and effort. 

Hi Guys.

Used to frequent these parts some years ago.

Just thought I'd swing by and offer my congratulations to everyone in the Greater Cincinnati area and associated with the Bengals for what has been an amazing season and one truly for the ages, whatever happens Sunday.

All the best to everyone, and heres hoping for a big, fat W this Sunday

LB

LondonBengal

• Like 1

Dawg Pound checking in.....

Good luck on Sunday. I have no issues at all cheering long and hard for our Ohio neighbors and division rivals. I know it took the cosmic forces of the universe to properly align for you guys to select Joe Burrow - but man oh man - what a franchise cornerstone.

And major props to your organization for having the intestinal fortitude to buck the conventional "wisdom" of all the "experts" last April and shy away from the safe pick - and go for the boom or bust pick of Ja'Marr Chase. Much respect.

I always try to take the high road when looking at NFL players. Not always successful, but I try. With that in mind, if your DBs can bring the wood to that cancer on the other sideline that wears number 3, I will not shed any tears. I will leave it at that, as if I go any further, I will get fired up all over again......

Fun fact I saw about Sunday's game - that last time Joe Burrow lost a playoff game was as an Athens Bulldog in high school in 2014 to Toledo Central Catholic. I hope that trend continues Sunday.

Best of luck to your squad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

watching with the same neighbor group I have for all 3 wins. Hoping I found some good luck with it. Despite there being no other Bengals fans in the group.

I watched the first two at home with my girlfriend and had skyline for dinner. AFC I was driving a kid to Athens so I didn't get home until halftime and watched the rest by myself.  While mostly pacing and standing on my toes.  Super Bowl I'm having some folks over, but they are mostly Browns fans and have  even told they have to leave if I cry. 

Let's go! 

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Dawg Pound checking in.....

Good luck on Sunday. I have no issues at all cheering long and hard for our Ohio neighbors and division rivals. I know it took the cosmic forces of the universe to properly align for you guys to select Joe Burrow - but man oh man - what a franchise cornerstone.

And major props to your organization for having the intestinal fortitude to buck the conventional "wisdom" of all the "experts" last April and shy away from the safe pick - and go for the boom or bust pick of Ja'Marr Chase. Much respect.

I always try to take the high road when looking at NFL players. Not always successful, but I try. With that in mind, if your DBs can bring the wood to that cancer on the other sideline that wears number 3, I will not shed any tears. I will leave it at that, as if I go any further, I will get fired up all over again......

Fun fact I saw about Sunday's game - that last time Joe Burrow lost a playoff game was as an Athens Bulldog in high school in 2014 to Toledo Central Catholic. I hope that trend continues Sunday.

Best of luck to your squad.

Appreciate it. Same attitude I have towards the Browns.  At least until they win and start annoying me. I think it helps we have no villains to root against. I really like the vibe of this team. 

• Like 1