Super Bowl

Beck Bristow

It would be a lot more fun to watch with Bengals fans. But the group at least is cheering for the Bengals to win for my sake. And they fully support me not sitting down and screaming all game. Plus they do a shot with me every time the Bengals score. So it is a good support group. Plus they all saw my cry when they won the first game so nothing to hide any more haha 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, stl4life07 said:

Stafford played horrible in the three game losing stretch against the Titans, Niners, but he was ok against the Packers. The Titans game he didn’t practice all week bc of a back injury so I think that played a big factor in him struggling like he did. The Niners game it was losing Woods and trying to get OBJ some playing time along with the rookie Skowronek. The offense was out of sync with drops and the Rams weren’t running the ball which shocked me. The Packers game Stafford looked better but still he threw two picks one of which was a pick six. 

I thought the season turned around on the MNF game against the Cards in Arizona when the Rams had several key starters missing due to covid. Donald carried the defense and Stafford carried the offense. He was sensational. Then obviously he has been sensational in the playoffs. He needs 310yds in the Superbowl to have the most passing yards for any QB ever in one postseason history. I think Stafford overall has handled this season great even when he had his bad moments he bounced right back and had great moments. 

This Superbowl is with two resilient QBs that don’t get too high or too low and are both extremely competitive and confident in their abilities. I’m an LSU fan so I know what Burrow can do. I believed in Burrow before a lot of other LSU fans did back in 2018. I knew he had “IT”. Stafford finally is getting to show what he can do when he has a competent organization to support him. So either way I’ll be happy for Burrow or Stafford to win on Sunday. I think both QBs has more opportunities to win another Superbowl moving forward too. Stafford with the Rams will play at least another 5yrs of great ball and Burrow has at least 10-12 years if not more of great ball. So these are exciting times and I’m here for them. 

I appreciate that thoughtful response.  

I think this is shaping up to be a good game with two fun teams.  Good luck on Sunday!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Anyone got special plans? 

Going to my brother-friends house to watch it like the past two. They are all anti pause because what if some calls or texts about the game when something big happens? What if something big happens when I have to pee?

Also my wife surprise bought us matching shirts... So I can't wear anything creative I'd made. Can't imagine what appeal matching shirts had to her. And it's an AFC champions shirt. So if we win falls shot of celebrating the year, lose and it's a second place shirt to wear...

Her heart was in the right place but blows a hole in my energy during the run up. Had planned to make Bengals color themed snacks to take. Ordered orange cane tips just to be flashy. Ordered orange body paint so I could surprise be that guy if we won. Now self-expression for this is back to regular season Jimmy.

If I can get anyone to go to celebrating in the streets I'd like that. But forty somethings cramping my style.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Anyone got special plans? 

Nothing I would call special.  had a few friends invite me to their parties, instead of hosting one like I normally do.  Been watching the road games at my GFs house.  I wasn't there for the Bears game (went to a concert in St. Louis), the Jets game (she was mad at me or something), and the Browns game (COVID).  No way in h3ll I mess with that karma right now.  Even though she and her kids are Packers fans, we root for each other, except when playing.  After we lost to GB in OT, I told her I was happy for her, as long as we win the Super Bowl.  Didn't see it happening in October, yet here we are.

5 minutes ago, LondonBengal21 said:

Hi Guys,

Used to frequent these parts some years ago.

Just thought I'd swing by and offer my congratulations to everyone on what has been an amazing roller-coaster of a season.

Here's hoping to a big fat W come Sunday

All the very best to Bengal fans everywhere

LB LondonBengal

You should visit more often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBengal21 said:

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd swing by and offer my congratulations to everyone on what has been an amazing roller-coaster of a season.

LB LondonBengal

Welcome back friend.  It has been far too long.  I've missed our conversations.

Would anyone be totally shocked if we actually played Waynes in this game on a rotational basis with their receiving weapons?  I wouldn't, and have wondered why he hasn't played since the Cleveland game.  Unless he has a poor attitude, similar to WJIII's, it doesn't seem like we need to keep him healthy for something down the road.

8 hours ago, LondonBengal21 said:

Hi Guys,

LB LondonBengal

I'd hug you if I could!  Great to see you LB! Hope you have been enjoying this season!