Super Bowl

Beck Bristow

33 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Oh yes, that 2009 was the year we sat all of our players in the regular season finale to let you guys in the playoffs and then got beat the following week also by you.

Even if you guy's would've played all of your starters week 17 that 2009 Jets team had the #1 D and the #1 run game and we would've still beat you guys (like we did in the playoffs) and Revis would've shut down Chad Johnson (just like he did week 17 + playoffs) etc. Cincinnati wasn't beating the Jets week 17. 37-0 and Carson Palmer went 1/11 with 1 INT before getting pulled (Bengals coaching staff realized he had no chance vs that Jets D). 

But nonetheless I know the feelings of 3 AFC Championship Game loses dating back to 1998, 2009 and 2010. It stinks. 

But you guys will be back. 

Yo! Congrats to you guys for getting as far as you did. Great season and I hope our FO took notice of the development you guys went through. 

I just have one question after watching that game last night that I have to know if there is an answer. 

Why was Joe Mixon not out there on that last drive. Like I don't want to believe football is rigged and that you threw the game, but besides injury there is absolutely no reason Mixon should not have been out there that last drive. 

Perine belonged nowhere near the field if Mixon is healthy. He couldn't have been tired the Rams just had the ball for like a full 5 minute drive. 

Please someone answer me that because the fact he wasn't out there makes me somewhat think this whole thing is rigged, and I dont want to believe that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo! Congrats to you guys for getting as far as you did. Great season and I hope our FO took notice of the development you guys went through. 

I just have one question after watching that game last night that I have to know if there is an answer. 

Why was Joe Mixon not out there on that last drive. Like I don't want to believe football is rigged and that you threw the game, but besides injury there is absolutely no reason Mixon should not have been out there that last drive. 

Perine belonged nowhere near the field if Mixon is healthy. He couldn't have been tired the Rams just had the ball for like a full 5 minute drive. 

Please someone answer me that because the fact he wasn't out there makes me somewhat think this whole thing is rigged, and I dont want to believe that. 

Perine is much better at picking up blitzes, and better by reputation receiving out of the backfield, so since it was primarily passing situations and our offensive line can't even give the qb two seconds he got the call. I would have stuck with Mixon, especially seeing how it played out, but you should be able to get a freaking yard!

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I have to say, that Wilson, Pratt, Reader, and Hubbard played like heroes against the run.  The Bengals are set next year with Wilson and Pratt as starters at LB.  Getting ADG back for passing downs will be a big help too.

Couldn't agree more. And hopefully Ossai is there to help with pass rush. Have to look at a corner assuming Apple is gone and always more help on D line. But run defense should be a strength with that core there. 

6 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Couldn't agree more. And hopefully Ossai is there to help with pass rush. Have to look at a corner assuming Apple is gone and always more help on D line. But run defense should be a strength with that core there. 

I'd really like to upgrade the corner position.  It would be nice if Chido was our #2. Bit if a long wishlist. At least I like our linebackers! 

12 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'd really like to upgrade the corner position.  It would be nice if Chido was our #2. Bit if a long wishlist. At least I like our linebackers! 

He is being paid like a #2 which is nice. And clearly we have the money to pay for a #1 with Waynes on contract. Not sure who is available. Could be some good ones in the draft as well. 

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

He is being paid like a #2 which is nice. And clearly we have the money to pay for a #1 with Waynes on contract. Not sure who is available. Could be some good ones in the draft as well. 

Yeah, young corners are a necessity.  Honestly if we only draft offensive line, one tight end, corners and a couple pass rushers I'm good. 

48 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Yeah, young corners are a necessity.  Honestly if we only draft offensive line, one tight end, corners and a couple pass rushers I'm good. 

I like the idea of CB at 31 (assuming there is one there they like) and spending FA money on Oline and a CB4.  Draft a rotational 3 tech to be another interior pass rusher somewhere in rounds 2-4, and bank a little bit on a healthy Ossai in 2022.

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Perine is much better at picking up blitzes, and better by reputation receiving out of the backfield, so since it was primarily passing situations and our offensive line can't even give the qb two seconds he got the call. I would have stuck with Mixon, especially seeing how it played out, but you should be able to get a freaking yard!

But to me if you're going to run the ball there you don't try to outsmart Mcvay and run with Perine. Put your best player out there and give him the rock. There is no way you can go out with Mixon on the bench. Not against that Dline. 

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

But to me if you're going to run the ball there you don't try to outsmart Mcvay and run with Perine. Put your best player out there and give him the rock. There is no way you can go out with Mixon on the bench. Not against that Dline. 

Perine has had some success doing that this year. It shouldn't have mattered. Also, I didn't notice at the time, but the spot was about a foot and a half short of where he got to. Probably still 4th down, but should have been 4th and inches.

But I agree overall, Mixon should be out there in that situation.

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Perine has had some success doing that this year. It shouldn't have mattered. Also, I didn't notice at the time, but the spot was about a foot and a half short of where he got to. Probably still 4th down, but should have been 4th and inches.

But I agree overall, Mixon should be out there in that situation.

You have to live and die with your best players. And to have that play call with the season on the line absolutely crushes me.