Super Bowl 56: Bengals vs Rams

BStanRamFan

From a match-up standpoint, I don't think there could be a better draw than Cincy. I don't think they will be able to run on us, and I think we can get pressure without blitzing. Will come down to defensively, can we limit explosive plays and can the defensive line win + finish with wrapping up Burrow. 

Offensively, I think as long as Stafford comes to play, we should move the ball well and put up points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

From a match-up standpoint, I don't think there could be a better draw than Cincy. I don't think they will be able to run on us, and I think we can get pressure without blitzing. Will come down to defensively, can we limit explosive plays and can the defensive line win + finish with wrapping up Burrow. 

Offensively, I think as long as Stafford comes to play, we should move the ball well and put up points. 

What scares me is literally all of this lol The Bengals were supposed to lose in every game this post season but somehow just find a way. LA needs to be just as focused (or more) in this one as they were throughout the playoffs. But I agree, matchup wise this game is LA all day. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone going????

Rams 31-Bengals 21

HELLLL no hahaha unless I somehow win tickets there’s no way I can afford it. That said, if the Rams win I’ll be flying out from jersey for the parade. 

Rams 33
Bengals 24

On the general board, 43 people have picked the Bengals and 39 the Rams as of this moment.

I am NOT dismissing the Bengals - they can beat us if they get pressure on Stafford and he turns the ball over and/or if their WRs prove too much for our secondary.

But it blows my mind that more people here are picking the Bengals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

What scares me is literally all of this lol The Bengals were supposed to lose in every game this post season but somehow just find a way. LA needs to be just as focused (or more) in this one as they were throughout the playoffs. But I agree, matchup wise this game is LA all day. 

They were supposed to beat the Raiders. The Raiders are not a good team and Cincy was at home. Tennessee had Tannehill throw 3 picks. So if Stafford does that, yeah we will probably lose. But I am hopeful that he doesn't.

The KC game is a bit more concerning because that is a really good team. But there's a reason KC built the lead. For whatever reason, Mahomes turned into a bum in the 2nd half. So to me, it all comes down to Stafford. He just has to play well and our defensive line needs to finish on Burrow. Burrow was a magician getting out of sacks against KC. We need Donald and Miller to wrap up. 

18 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The KC game is a bit more concerning because that is a really good team. But there's a reason KC built the lead. For whatever reason, Mahomes turned into a bum in the 2nd half. So to me, it all comes down to Stafford. He just has to play well and our defensive line needs to finish on Burrow. Burrow was a magician getting out of sacks against KC. We need Donald and Miller to wrap up. 

I agree, but it’s concerning that the Rams have been ahead a few times in recent weeks and the opposing team was able to mount a comeback.. just like the Bengals did. The Rams need to really put them out if they take a lead or we could be in trouble. I have a good feeling about the game, but I don’t think the Bengals are just going to roll over 

21 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

On the general board, 43 people have picked the Bengals and 39 the Rams as of this moment.

I am NOT dismissing the Bengals - they can beat us if they get pressure on Stafford and he turns the ball over and/or if their WRs prove too much for our secondary.

I saw that, honestly I think it’s more so that people WANT the Bengals to win because they’re a crazy underdog story. They were supposed to be one of the worst teams this year.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I agree, but it’s concerning that the Rams have been ahead a few times in recent weeks and the opposing team was able to mount a comeback.. just like the Bengals did. The Rams need to really put them out if they take a lead or we could be in trouble. I have a good feeling about the game, but I don’t think the Bengals are just going to roll over 

They certainly won't rollover. But I think aside from turnovers or Chase completely crushing us, there is not a lot of areas the Bengals can exploit. This is assuming our defensive line can assert themselves which I believe they will.

I felt similar before the Bucs game. And the Bucs I was worried about their defensive line winning their matchups. My worry with the Bengals is that Burrow can obviously make magic in the pocket and create. And their playmakers are more explosive.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

I feel confident in the Rams winning. I think we all should too. The way Donald demanded greatness from the defense in the 4th quarter and then all of a sudden they looked so dominant to the point where the Niners literally didnt get a single positive yard after the 9yd run by Mitchell at 12:02. Like thats scary. Donald and Von wont allow Burrow to do what he did to the Chiefs. The Chiefs had Burrow sacked but they couldnt finish. The Titans sacked Burrow 9x but Tannehill literally threw the game away for the Titans by throwing 3 ints. 

Stafford isnt going to be that bad like Tannehill was and he definitely isnt going to collapse in the 2nd half like Mahomes did. We know Stafford is the best QB in the 4th quarter so if its a close game I do think he will once again be money. This team has come too far to lose. Yes the Bengals werent suppose to be here and they should feel confident too in their ability to win but I think they will feel the pressure literally and figuratively bc now that they are here, what are they going to do with this? Burrow is going to be under extreme pressure all game long unless the Bengals can established the running game. The Rams have been the best run defense in the playoffs and a top 7 run defense in the regular season. If the Bengals fall behind big again, while do believe in Burrow, I think its going to be one too many times they fall behind by double digits and cant come back this season. I think Burrow is going to be cool but I do wonder if his teammates and even the head coach Taylor is going to be tight and show their inexperience in the big game? We know McVay and alot of these Rams have Superbowl experience and thats whats going to help them win. Plus I cant see Kupp being stopped. Last time he played the Bengals he had 220yds receiving. I dont think he goes for that much time but I can see 130yds and 2 tds. If that happens he is Superbowl MVP. I do think Donald is going to wreck the Bengals offense and get 3 sacks and be all over the place so he is my favorite to win Superbowl MVP. Again Donald isnt going to allow this team to get this far and lose. Especially him knowing how last season playoffs went with him crying in Lambeau bc he was too hurt to help his team truly compete with the Packers and losing. Then in 2018 the defense played so great but they couldnt get anything going on offense and lost to the Pats. I just cant see McVay putting his team in the same position on offense to look that bad and I cant see Donald allowing the defense to not show up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

They certainly won't rollover. But I think aside from turnovers or Chase completely crushing us, there is not a lot of areas the Bengals can exploit. This is assuming our defensive line can assert themselves which I believe they will.

I felt similar before the Bucs game. And the Bucs I was worried about their defensive line winning their matchups. My worry with the Bengals is that Burrow can obviously make magic in the pocket and create. And their playmakers are more explosive.

I couldn’t agree more. Maybe it’s biased but I truly think the Rams only lose this game if they beat themselves. On the Bengals best day vs the Rams best day I’m taking the Rams 100% of the time. 

A lot of fun matchups to watch in this one too.. my favorite is Chase vs Jalen. Maybe I’m wrong but I find Chase very similar to Justin Jefferson and we know how that ended for JJ. The question is how often will we see that matchup. 

14 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The spread jumped from -3.5 to -4.5 in about 4 days, dont let the general public hoping for a Burrow feel good story fool you. The money is on the Rams. Sharps hammered that 3.5 line and if it retreats below 4 again (it wont), they will hammer it again.

56% of the bets and 76% of the money on the Rams https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/public-betting

• Like 1

Nobody in the NFL deserves a ring more than Aaron Donald currently. Stafford is probably a close 2nd though.

I'm a Pitt fan, so either way its going to be him or Tyler Boyd lol

Congrats on making it this far and best of luck. I hope our new Head Coach puts your team in a position to win!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MDY10 said:

A lot of fun matchups to watch in this one too.. my favorite is Chase vs Jalen. Maybe I’m wrong but I find Chase very similar to Justin Jefferson and we know how that ended for JJ. The question is how often will we see that matchup. 

They are similar WRs in that they are both top 5ish. Where Chase scares me more is he's a bit more explosive and if he wins a rep, it always has the chance to go the distance. 

• Like 1