Super Bowl 56: Bengals vs Rams

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

One game was a total blowout where he played 19 snaps.

The TB I came away a little less impressed then you guys. The Evans hit could have been disastrous.

The SF game was run centric with minimal explosive plays. 

I'm very scared with Weddle. Give me Rapp.  

You are pointing to 1 play in a game Weddle played 60 snaps. Tampa's passing game was completely ineffective all game besides the Evans bomb. If Weddle was a weakness in coverage, I'd have expected Tom Brady to take advantage. We've seen Rapp struggle several times in coverage and now he'd be coming in with a new safety pairing with Scott. I also think Scott's uptick in production is probably linked with Weddle. Not sure what would happen to his play if it was just him and Rapp. 

Assuming Reeder is phased out, my biggest worry defensively is Darious Williams. I hope we see a 2020 DWill game. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

You are pointing to 1 play in a game Weddle played 60 snaps. Tampa's passing game was completely ineffective all game besides the Evans bomb. If Weddle was a weakness in coverage, I'd have expected Tom Brady to take advantage. We've seen Rapp struggle several times in coverage and now he'd be coming in with a new safety pairing with Scott. I also think Scott's uptick in production is probably linked with Weddle. Not sure what would happen to his play if it was just him and Rapp. 

Assuming Reeder is phased out, my biggest worry defensively is Darious Williams. I hope we see a 2020 DWill game. 

Plus, we shouldn't underestimate what Weddle's experience, intelligence, and communication ability means in the secondary. When Fuller went down against SF in Week 18, we had a number of coverage breakdowns due to poor communication and guys not being where they're supposed to be. Things were a lot smoother with Weddle in there against TB and SF. Agreed on D-Will.

• Like 1

Not going to lie I would really like to see the Bengals win, but I want LAR to win. Just seeing Stafford suffer and rot in Detroit for like 12 years makes me feel bad. Would also love to see OBJ, Andrew Whitworth maybe even Cooper Kupp get their first ring.

Loved to watch Burrow in college, especially that one national championship vs. Clemson. Dude was awesome.

Honestly I don't know who to pick, but I think I'm satisfied with the Rams being my pick now that I think about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Plus, we shouldn't underestimate what Weddle's experience, intelligence, and communication ability means in the secondary. When Fuller went down against SF in Week 18, we had a number of coverage breakdowns due to poor communication and guys not being where they're supposed to be. Things were a lot smoother with Weddle in there against TB and SF. Agreed on D-Will.

Weddle has had a positive impact on Scott, given him good insight on what to expect on the field. Led to his pick. Bad idea to switch back to Rapp now. Rapp will be a backup IMO. D is playing its best ball right now, keep rolling with it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Yupp.. I said this 2 pages ago. Teams have been going after him non stop it seems and I don’t blame them. He will naturally get targeted more often when Jalen is on someone else.. but last year I felt confident when teams would throw against Dwill. This year, not so much. I’m worried about Higgins or Boyd having a monster game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm pretty sure McVay said Weddle will have the green dot this week. Rapp won't start over him.

I think it’s safe to say that Weddle starts. The real question is if Rapp starts over Scott or not. I was against Scott starting unless necessary until the game against SF where he finally proved me wrong. Defense is playing the best they have all year. Besides re-inserting Jones as the starter over Reeder, I’d keep it all the same.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm pretty sure McVay said Weddle will have the green dot this week. Rapp won't start over him.

Yup. Announced today, Weddle wearing green dot. And Stafford was lights out in practice today at Rose Bowl. 

Alright, if the Rams win tomorrow, I want the kickoff game to be against the 49ers.

While the Rams play their SoFi Stadium co-tenants the Chargers next season, that will be a road game for the Rams (like the Super Bowl), and the defending champions are supposed to start with a home game (the only time this did not happen was in 2013 for the Ravens due to a parking lot conflict that could not be resolved).

Of course, the Rams-Chargers game should be on SNF, possibly in week 4 (the last week before flexible scheduling kicks in).

2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol paid a lot of money for it.  Went to the Rams/Niners game two weeks ago so figured I had to go to the SB 

I thought about it, but dropping $4000+ on tickets and another big chunk of money on flights and hotel wasn't something I am willing to do. I'll have to wait until next year. 

• Like 2