Super Bowl 56: Bengals vs Rams

BStanRamFan

12 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The spread jumped from -3.5 to -4.5 in about 4 days, dont let the general public hoping for a Burrow feel good story fool you. The money is on the Rams. Sharps hammered that 3.5 line and if it retreats below 4 again (it wont), they will hammer it again.

56% of the bets and 76% of the money on the Rams https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/public-betting

It's more people not wanting the Rams to win than thinking they'll lose as well.

15 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Everywhere I read people dismissing the Rams D and pass rush because the Bengals have been out matched in the trenches and overcome it already this post season it seems to mean our DL won't be a factor. Should be fun to watch.

I’m not shocked. There were plenty of people picking the Chiefs last season to beat the Bucs KNOWING the Chiefs OL was compromised and the Bucs pass rush is legit. They just figured Mahomes would be great and that would solve everything. We know how that all turned out.

So people know the Bengals OL is compromised and the Rams pass rush is great but people still think Burrow will solve everything. I know how great Burrow is but unless the Bengals can establish a great running game I don’t see a path for the Bengals to be consistently great on offense. If Burrow have to throw 30+ times he will be constantly under pressure and that will doom them in the same way Mahomes and the Chiefs were doomed last season in the Superbowl by the Bucs great pass rush. 

On 2/5/2022 at 7:51 AM, Flounch said:

I think we are the best team on paper but i don't know...i hope Mcvay will fix his coaching and call play. 

Just hope Whitworth, Donald and Stafford will get a ring this year, they deserve it.  

You cant even be positive during super bowl week???

• Like 1

Rams 34-24

Akers gets it done on the ground. When we arent playing the top 2 rush defenses in the NFL (Bucs/SF), we are able to establish a solid run game and I think Akers shines (possible MVP).

Defensively, I've never seen a weirder coverage of a Superbowl mismatch. "Yeah the Rams will get pressure and get sacks, but it wont matter cause Burrow is used to it". If Von Miller and AD keep constant pressure on Burrow, we are bound to get turnovers and I wouldn't be shocked to see a defensive touchdown. I do expect Tyler Boyd to have a big game. Uzomah is banged up and the pressure will prevent the longer routes from developing, that means alot of targets for Boyd.

I'll be at Big Wangs in North Hollywood with World Tour Rams for the superbowl watch party. They are one of the better Rams fan clubs, including RWO. I get to cover the superbowl for this sports betting website I work for. Can't wait. GO RAMS

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Defensively, I've never seen a weirder coverage of a Superbowl mismatch. "Yeah the Rams will get pressure and get sacks, but it wont matter cause Burrow is used to it". 

That’s bc Burrow has become the only QB in NFL to get sacked as much as he has and still take his team to the Superbowl. People just assume it will continue to not matter. I think it’s a dumb take in a vacuum. That’s like saying in basketball a team is the worst defensive team against the 3 and they are in the Finals against Steph, Klay, and the Warriors but it won’t matter. The Rams are THE team that the Bengals won’t overcome if they can’t protect Burrow. If the  Rams sack Burrow 4-5 times at least then we will be seeing a blow out by the Rams.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Rams 34-24

Akers gets it done on the ground. When we arent playing the top 2 rush defenses in the NFL (Bucs/SF), we are able to establish a solid run game and I think Akers shines (possible MVP).

Defensively, I've never seen a weirder coverage of a Superbowl mismatch. "Yeah the Rams will get pressure and get sacks, but it wont matter cause Burrow is used to it". If Von Miller and AD keep constant pressure on Burrow, we are bound to get turnovers and I wouldn't be shocked to see a defensive touchdown. I do expect Tyler Boyd to have a big game. Uzomah is banged up and the pressure will prevent the longer routes from developing, that means alot of targets for Boyd.

I'll be at Big Wangs in North Hollywood with World Tour Rams for the superbowl watch party. They are one of the better Rams fan clubs, including RWO. I get to cover the superbowl for this sports betting website I work for. Can't wait. GO RAMS

I bet Akers MVP at 40:1. Logic basically the same as you, if the Bengals do the KC drop coverage, he has to be the answer to move the ball. Also can be a nice check-down guy.

My biggest concern in the game is McVay, not Stafford. There can be no ego in this game trying to make-up for the last SB. If they are giving us the ground game, you have to run it. Don't need to worry about showing off how smart you are, just win. We literally just saw KC lose this game doing the same thing. Had they just fed CEH/McKinnon in the 2nd half, it is an easy victory.

Very cool you get to be in LA for it. Is the sports betting job a side gig or full-time? 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1