Super Bowl 56: Bengals vs Rams

BStanRamFan

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I bet Akers MVP at 40:1. Logic basically the same as you, if the Bengals do the KC drop coverage, he has to be the answer to move the ball. Also can be a nice check-down guy.

My biggest concern in the game is McVay, not Stafford. There can be no ego in this game trying to make-up for the last SB. If they are giving us the ground game, you have to run it. Don't need to worry about showing off how smart you are, just win. We literally just saw KC lose this game doing the same thing. Had they just fed CEH/McKinnon in the 2nd half, it is an easy victory.

Very cool you get to be in LA for it. Is the sports betting job a side gig or full-time? 

it's my side gig (for now). I do articles/podcasts/small clips of my weekly picks in NFL focusing mainly on player props. Current record for NFL is 114-94 (54%) for +9U. 

Plan this weekend is to interview fans and get their betting perspective on the SuperBowl. I work for Dimers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I hope so. Dude is such a liability.

Lesser of two evils. Very happy Reeder will see reduced snaps, but Weddle scares the hell out of of me. Against a run centric offense that funnels everything to the middle of the field, Weddle looked good. But the Bengals will test test the boundaries and expose him in coverage. It's a great story, but Weddle in space with either wiff or lead with his head. Both are dangerous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Lesser of two evils. Very happy Reeder will see reduced snaps, but Weddle scares the hell out of of me. Against a run centric offense that funnels everything to the middle of the field, Weddle looked good. But the Bengals will test test the boundaries and expose him in coverage. It's a great story, but Weddle in space with either wiff or lead with his head. Both are dangerous

It's not like Rapp is a better alternative though. And the Bengals can only expose him in coverage if the DL can't get home which I think they will eat all night. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's not like Rapp is a better alternative though. And the Bengals can only expose him in coverage if the DL can't get home which I think they will eat all night. 

Id take Rapp over Weddle any day of the week. Weddle's athleticism is gone. It was 2 years ago. I'm more scared that his style of play will cost us penalty yards.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Weddle has played well so far.

Played well vs SF, but they never had the air attack to make him uncomfortable. Everything was short, close the line of scrimmage, etc. The TB game I don't think he looked particularly good and we all remember the Evans penalty that could have went the other way. Bengals will air it out and that scares me for Weddle.

20 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Played well vs SF, but they never had the air attack to make him uncomfortable. Everything was short, close the line of scrimmage, etc. The TB game I don't think he looked particularly good and we all remember the Evans penalty that could have went the other way. Bengals will air it out and that scares me for Weddle.

Other than the Evans hit, he seemed fine against Tampa. He has his limitations, but he has a better feel for the split-safety coverages than Rapp does. Rapp is much more comfortable in the box.

46 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Id take Rapp over Weddle any day of the week. Weddle's athleticism is gone. It was 2 years ago. I'm more scared that his style of play will cost us penalty yards.

I thought Weddle would be a disaster in the playoffs and have been wrong. Think he's better than Rapp, especially paired with Scott. If he was a complete liability in coverage, I think Brady would have exploited it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I thought Weddle would be a disaster in the playoffs and have been wrong. Think he's better than Rapp, especially paired with Scott. If he was a complete liability in coverage, I think Brady would have exploited it. 

One game was a total blowout where he played 19 snaps.

The TB I came away a little less impressed then you guys. The Evans hit could have been disastrous.

The SF game was run centric with minimal explosive plays. 

I'm very scared with Weddle. Give me Rapp.  

27 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

One game was a total blowout where he played 19 snaps.

The TB I came away a little less impressed then you guys. The Evans hit could have been disastrous.

The SF game was run centric with minimal explosive plays. 

I'm very scared with Weddle. Give me Rapp.  

I agree with this specifically for the Bengals team. Weddle was awesome as a box safety to come up and stop the run but I'd rather have Rapp in for coverage. 

Either way though, if it means getting Reeder off the field in favor of the other guys, I'm good to go.

• Like 1