Vikings Hire Kevin O’Connell as Head Coach

SemperFeist

Good for O'Connell but clearly the organizations owners were sick of a defensive minded head coaches and no defensive coordinator or defensive minded head coach was going to be hired as their head coach this time around.  

Sure they maybe think O'Connell will take Kirk Cousins to another level like Matthew Stafford but fact is Stafford is like a 10 in terms of arm talent, Cousins is like a 6, Stafford already did similar things on the Lions that he is doing now on the Rams, only difference is he has a better team around him on the Rams.  Also the likes of Zach Taylor and Matt LaFleur get respect from their teams because those head coaches have respect from the super star QB.  Not sure that dynamic even works in Minnesota because not sure Kirk Cousins is even the main leader of the team or is all that respected in the locker room.

Guys like him sure, but not sure he is the leader of the team so will take a little longer for O'Connell to gain respect from the entire team and he cannot just assume it will come if the QB is on board.  Hopefully they bring in a good DC.

I guess he is new and different compared to guys like Harbaugh who you kind of already know what you will be getting from him.  So at least there is change in that regard, still will see if he is as smart as some say he is.  Hopefully it is not a Sean Mannion situation where people hype up how "smart" he is and how hard of a worker he is but in terms of getting results on the field he is absolute crap and worthless.  

34 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Eric “EJ” is Erin Hendersons older brother.  He played MLB for the Minnesota Viking a for a few years.

Thought I was missing something; definitely didn’t look like EJ. 

thanks for making me doubt my player/coach knowledge lol