BDL 2017 Week 9: Long Beach Leprechauns @ Rome Eternals

Whicker

Long Beach Leprechauns @ Rome Eternals  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Long Beach Leprechauns
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/2017 at 03:00 PM

Madden says Rome 41-31

Brees 18-27 282 3 td 

McCown 27-50 340 3 td 1 Int 

Ingram 27-129 1 td 

McCaffrey 7-33 1 td 

Gurley 23-133 1 td 

Crabtree 5 132 1 td 

Cooper 4 33 1 td 

Riddick 2-23 1 td 

Jones 10-94 2 td 

Funchess 7 126 1 td

Milano 1 Int, td 

Mosely 12 tack 0.5 sacks

Dunlap 2 sacks 

Collins 10 tack 

Jordan, Campbell 1 sack 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Madden says Rome 41-31

Brees 18-27 282 3 td 

McCown 27-50 340 3 td 1 Int 

Ingram 27-129 1 td 

McCaffrey 7-33 1 td 

Gurley 23-133 1 td 

Crabtree 5 132 1 td 

Cooper 4 33 1 td 

Riddick 2-23 1 td 

Jones 10-94 2 td 

Funchess 7 126 1 td

Milano 1 Int, td 

Mosely 12 tack 0.5 sacks

Dunlap 2 sacks 

Collins 10 tack 

Jordan, Campbell 1 sack 

Madden don't know! Surprised I scored 31 haha

Had McCown spent an entire season with LB I would have considered going LB, because I really like their offense in this one. Unfortunately, it's only his first week so I gotta assume his knowledge of the offense and chemistry with receivers are going to be limited. Brees vs a zone all game is gonna hurt at some point, and LB can't keep up. 38-20 Rome

I think Ted hits the nail on the head with the chemistry thing. 3 different QBs in 3 weeks is an issue, it's realistically hard to keep it going. 

I think Rome still has another gear they can kick into this year, but they do enough here.

Second closest game after Portland/Gotham. Long Beach hit a ton of key points in their write up. They will get down the field and score points, but if there's any area a new QB like McCown could reasonably struggle in is the redzone. I think their defense could play well early but those lineup mismatches tend to have an enormous impact on voting. I'm not sure Breesus is going to dominant against a feisty defense playing with heart like LB. In the end even though Rome has the much better QB, I think LB pulls off one of the bigger upsets of the year. 

Very very tough game to decide. Long Beach definitely found a quarterback that can score them some wins. Rome's offense has really emerged with Brees, Gurley, and Juju. With Janoris Jenkins suspended, Rome's secondary doesn't look all that great and I think McCown can lead some scoring drives even without a ton of great chemistry. However, I think Brees will definitely pick apart the heavy zone from Long Beach. I really really want to vote Long Beach because I feel like they have a much superior gameplan, but I think the Rome offense is better equipped for a shootout and they win this one.

I misvoted here, meant to click LB. I think McCown will do enough with those weapons against a mediocre (I don't know the PFF scores bcb so spare me) looking back 7. Brees is always going to put up numbers, but I like LB's defense a lot.

Archived