Draft Capital utilization

squire12

I have a project that I am working on that is looking at the draft capital that GB (and eventually ) the other 31 teams have utilized to build their team.  Going to take a little time to compile all the information for each team, but once I get the process streamlined, it should go quicker.  Currently have GB and MIN finished.  Picked MIN as there was some discussion earlier this season comparing the 2 defenses.  

I am using the pick value chart on drafttek and using the points for each pick as the "draft capital" for each team with each pick.  Will try to remove players that were acquired via FA (that were drafted by a different team).

GB

Total Offense DEF
8959.5 3611.5 5348

MN

Total Offense DEF
8866.8 2910.8 5956

With some time, I can separate things out by starters and bench, but that will take some time.  

More to come.  When I get things further along, I will post the google sheets.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

They just seem offensive minded. After I thought about it, sure they've been taking d guys high.

Remember, I am removing FA acquisitions that were high picks from other teams, and not tracking down high picks by team A that has moved onto another team and tabulating that for team A having used the draft capital on that player.  It is something that might be doable down the road once the info is all in 1 place and some formulas could be set up.

Archived