Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

43 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

GG SirA1.

Reveal hidden contents

@TheKillerNacho Is there a way for an owner to modify settings to prevent a team from making that horrible decision late in an 11 point game? I'll never understand going for it instead of kicking a field goal and cutting the deficit to one possession.

short answer: the logic controlling score differences could stand to be improved. most of the time its "good enough", but it doesn't really bother to take future 2-point conversions into consideration (it wouldnt go for 2 down 16, either iirc).

if you were down by 10 you'd have probably went for the FG.

something i probably should improve if i can find the time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daboyle said:

GG glen

Gg bud.

Knew when you had won in the regular season I had little chance to win in the playoffs. 

The torch has been passed, from here on out I will always be losing in the first round unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

short answer: the logic controlling score differences could stand to be improved. most of the time its "good enough", but it doesn't really bother to take future 2-point conversions into consideration (it wouldnt go for 2 down 16, either iirc).

Really appreciate the clarification here. If it's something that everyone is dealing with, it works for me. Thanks.

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

GG Ravens. As it was foretold.

All in all, it was a fun experiment rolling with the same sliders for the full season, but it definitely needed tweaking against stronger teams. Good luck to the remaining teams!

Good game! Surprised at how fast the offense came out. Gave us a good scare as we love giving up onside kicks late in the game. 

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@TL-TwoWinsAway

I improved the logic a bit this morning (to take exactly one future 2P conversion into consideration) and reran the seed. Here's how the game would've played out with the new logic:

Q4, 4:44, 4th & 5 on the FRE 32: Justin Tucker's field goal attempt good. 

Q4, 4:41: Justin Tucker's kick to the FRE 6 returned by Cordarrelle Patterson for 29 yards. 

Possession now belongs to the Freiburg Venom.
Current score is Freiburg Venom 27, Pittston Waste Walruses 19. 

Q4, 4:27, 1st & 10 on the FRE 35: Derrick Henry rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Blake Martinez.
Q4, 3:47, 2nd & 6 on the FRE 39: Matthew Stafford scrambles to avoid pressure and completes to Adam Thielen for 10 yards. Tackle made by Malcolm Jenkins.
Q4, 3:07, 1st & 10 on the FRE 49: Matthew Stafford passes the ball to the outside and completes to Adam Thielen for 18 yards. Tackle made by Janoris Jenkins.
Q4, 2:27, 1st & 10 on the PIT 33: Derrick Henry rushes to the outside for a gain of 3 yards. Tackle made by Trey Hendrickson.
Q4, 2:00, 2nd & 7 on the PIT 30: Derrick Henry rushes up the middle for a gain of 12 yards. Tackle made by Shaq Thompson.
Q4, 1:20, 1st & 10 on the PIT 18: Matthew Stafford kneels for a loss of 1 yard. 
Q4, 0:40, 2nd & 11 on the PIT 19: Matthew Stafford kneels for a loss of 1 yard. 
End of game.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@TL-TwoWinsAway

I improved the logic a bit this morning (to take exactly one future 2P conversion into consideration) and reran the seed. Here's how the game would've played out with the new logic:

Q4, 4:41: Justin Tucker's kick to the FRE 6 returned by Cordarrelle Patterson for 29 yards. 

Q4, 4:27, 1st & 10 on the FRE 35: Derrick Henry rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Blake Martinez.
Q4, 3:47, 2nd & 6 on the FRE 39: Matthew Stafford scrambles to avoid pressure and completes to Adam Thielen for 10 yards. Tackle made by Malcolm Jenkins.
Q4, 3:07, 1st & 10 on the FRE 49: Matthew Stafford passes the ball to the outside and completes to Adam Thielen for 18 yards. Tackle made by Janoris Jenkins.
Q4, 2:27, 1st & 10 on the PIT 33: Derrick Henry rushes to the outside for a gain of 3 yards. Tackle made by Trey Hendrickson.
Q4, 2:00, 2nd & 7 on the PIT 30: Derrick Henry rushes up the middle for a gain of 12 yards. Tackle made by Shaq Thompson.
End of game.

Fantastic. Thanks for doing that.

Henry gashed us on that last drive anyway (in the first outcome), so it's not like I can act as if we deserved the win. Just hated watching the team pass on the field goal.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Fantastic. Thanks for doing that.

Henry gashed us on that last drive anyway (in the first outcome), so it's not like I can act as if we deserved the win. Just hated watching the team pass on the field goal.

I want to say that is the best he's been all year.

Derrick Henry: 23 carries for 154 yards (6.70 YPC, 41 LNG), 2 touchdowns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Good game! Surprised at how fast the offense came out. Gave us a good scare as we love giving up onside kicks late in the game. 

Yeah that first quarter put us in too deep a hole. Team tried to rally back, but you shut it down. Worst game of Chubb's season as well.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@TL-TwoWinsAway

End of game.

Can we redo my first quarter and keep the rest?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just to confirm: we're good to agree to trades right now for S24, right? (They'll be re-posted in the S24 thread, of course.)

why? are you looking for picks or something??

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just to confirm: we're good to agree to trades right now for S24, right? (They'll be re-posted in the S24 thread, of course.)

No trades will be processed until S24 opens and will required to be reposted & agreed to in that thread, at that time. You're free to discuss and even agree to trades though, unofficially.

• Like 1

Who will get to play in Taco Bowl XXIII next Tuesday? Each of these four teams are praying for just two more wins! @ravens5520 @Daboyle @SirA1 @swoosh

Burlington Sock Puppets @ Hanoi Viet Kongs: https://youtu.be/r8_jdXpjRxU
Richmond Flying Squirrels @ Freburg Venom: https://youtu.be/gy9c2eefVRo

GameDocs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11JG93C-sct1ybmiwRaYP3bc7Gh0FnFHB?usp=sharing

I'll post the All-Star rosters tomorrow. Congrats to the winners!

• Like 4