2018 Browns Mock Offseason to end all mokks blah blah blah

NudeTayne

If it's gotta be Hue or Gordon...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of the fence are you on?

• Josh Gordon (Hornby)
    • Let's bench more quarterbacks.

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

No. You take a QB #1 overall. Drafting a RB #1 is not only laughable given that you could still get a good RB with the Texans pick (Guice) or in the 2nd (Love).

The Browns need a QB point blank period and need to stop overthinking it. Again, look at the Broncos if you think drafting a bunch of good players with no QB is a legit option.

Give it time, when the offseason comes around and players declare. QBs will get evaluated after the college season, combine, ect and there WILL become 1 or 2 QBs labeled as potential franchise guys. Whether that be Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, ect. One will emerge and the Browns BETTER take that guy with their #1 pick.

You gotta read whole posts man. I'm saying I'd rather take Barkley #1 than Allen, who isn't a first round prospect, and then get one of the three I like at #4 where he has us picking via the Texans. 

Also, the Broncos won a SB with "a bunch of good players and no QB." Don't give me that they had Peyton, he was as bad as Osweiler that year.

I want a QB, but overdrafting a D2 QB who has been awful every time in his career that he's faced a legit defense isn't the way to do it. And I loved Wentz, was only okay with the trade down because I didn't want him dying behind our atrocious Oline that year, so it's not just the D2 thing, he looks AWFUL this year. The "rocket arm" isn't there, he's inaccurate as heck, and he is making terrible decisions. I mean, really, what first round QB traits is he flashing this year but size?

You know who Josh Allen is? Blake Bortles, but with less production, at a lower level.

Gimme Rosen, Jackson, or Mayfield. Whoever separates himself the rest of the season and through the process.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't get your reasoning though. And I'm okay with doing something different to do something different, really. But if the idea is to avoid risk, isn't the guy who has played like poop this year, in freaking D2, a bigger risk than the guy who's risk factor seems to be "might be an a$%^&le"? Like, I've watched Allen this year, it's not all (or even mostly) bad supporting cast, he has looked AWFUL most of the time. And I don't think his arm is even as strong as it's hyped to be. If we go QB, I think the only three I'm on board with right now are Rosen/Mayfield/Jackson. I think Jackson's "accuracy issues" come from drops way, waaaay more so than Allen's accuracy issues this year do. He's got room to grow, all these guys do, but I think Allen is by far the riskiest.

I think it comes down to Rosen/Mayfield. The one thing we know is that this front office LOVED Jared Goff. If that is any indication, I think Rosen is actually quite similar to Goff but with a bit more bite to his personality. Hue wanted RG3 which is comparable to a QB like Lamar Jackson and RG3 crashed and burned with injuries. Jackson just is way too boom or bust for me as a prospect. I dont think he is nearly the polished passer he needs to be yet to be a immediate starter.

If Jackson gets drafted like Pat Mahommes was where he can go get a 1 year backup to a veteran, that would be ideal for him. A team like the Chargers would be perfect, not the Browns.

At the end of the day, I personally want Baker Mayfield. I think he has proven everything in is easily the best QB in college football. Accuracy, arm pop talent, leadership and the pedigree of being a winner in big games is all there. The only reason why I dont think people list him as the clear cut #1 prospect in the draft is because his size---which Im not afraid of and goes back to my post about height being the single most overrated trait in any QB.

All that being said, I think the Browns will go Rosen just because of the prototypical size factor and his similarities with Goff who they loved.

I've seen it said here but Allen is not a #1 over all pick. If he is your guy, then save us a few draft picks and take him at #4. Get Barkley at one if this is your route. 

1 - Barkley, 

4 - Allen, 

33 - St Brown, 

Keep the texan's second

Whoever with the Eagle's 2nd rounder. 

Not saying I agree with the players drafted but this would make the most sense. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived