Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

7 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Justin Jefferson now has 1500 receiving yards. He needs to average 125 yards per game to become the first 2000 yard receiver in NFL history. I'm not betting against him. 

Will see what they have to play for in 2-3 weeks. Could see those week 17 and week 18 games being fairly meaningless. 

Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss’ best year as a Viking came in 2003, when he caught 111 passes for 1,632 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Justin Jefferson’s 13th game of the season was Sunday in Detroit. Comparing the first 13 games of Moss’ great 2003 season with Jefferson’s first 13 games this year:

• Moss, 2003: 90 catches, 1,372 yards, 15.24 yards per catch, 105.5 yards per game.
  • Jefferson, 2022: 99 catches, 1,500 yards, 15.15 yards per catch, 115.4 yards per game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/12/eagles-lions-baker-mayfield-peter-king-fmia-week-14/

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Will see what they have to play for in 2-3 weeks. Could see those week 17 and week 18 games being fairly meaningless. 

traditionally speaking, yes. but this teams needs to get their act together before entering the playoffs, and you can't do that without real game experience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think KOC is as adverse to his players getting individual accolades as Zimmer was. If JJ is close and wants to go for it, I don’t think he stands in his way. 

Aside from that, San Fran is nipping on our heels. I don’t think we’re going to have that #2 seed locked up before week 18. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don’t think KOC is as adverse to his players getting individual accolades as Zimmer was. If JJ is close and wants to go for it, I don’t think he stands in his way. 

Aside from that, San Fran is nipping on our heels. I don’t think we’re going to have that #2 seed locked up before week 18. 

That's okay...we'll get some breathing room when we take care of the Colts and Geno Smith torches the 49ers.  🤣

After a regular season team record 223 receiving yards, Justin Jefferson moved in to the Vikings' Top Ten for Career Receiving Yards, passing Kyle Rudolph.

Jefferson is 108 yards shy of passing Stefon DIggs for 9th in team history.

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Does the #2 seed versus the #3 seed really even matter? Giving players a pseudo bye week is probably more beneficial that fighting for the bragging rights of being #2 or #3. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Does the #2 seed versus the #3 seed really even matter? Giving players a pseudo bye week is probably more beneficial that fighting for the bragging rights of being #2 or #3. 

I don't think it'll mean all that much, because the Cowboys are basically already locked into the #5 seed, unless they implode.  The #6 or #7 team will pretty much be the same. 

Should they win that game, then it's the question of whether they'd likely be at home or not, because the difference would be getting SF at home or away (should they win their game).  

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Jefferson is 108 yards shy of passing Stefon Diggs for 9th in team history.

Pretty crazy.

Diggs, 70 games as a Viking, 365 receptions, 4623 yards, 30 TDs.

Jefferson, 46 games as a Viking, 295 receptions, 4516 yards, 23 TDs.

24 less games, 70 fewer receptions, 107 fewer yards, and 7 fewer TDs.

Jefferson is so damn special.

1. Cris Carter (12,383)
2. Randy Moss (9,316)
3. Anthony Carter (7,636) - trails by 3,120
4. Adam Thielen (6,611)
5. Jake Reed (6,433) - trails by 1,917
6. Sammy White (6,400) - trails by 1,884
7. Steve Jordan (6,307) - trails by 1,791
8. Ahmad Rashad (5,489) - trails by 973

With health, Jefferson will be in the top 5 before his rookie contract expires.

• Like 7