Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A lot of wide receivers will tell you that’s what good route running is. 

and the QB doesn't know he's going to make these micro moves, right? he just knows the play is going to the outside? but whst the WR does to up to that point is up to him, and mostly instinct? as long as it doesn't disrupt the timing of the completion?

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A lot of wide receivers will tell you that’s what good route running is. 

Watch Diggs. There are a lot of times when he gets to the top of his route he’s basically doing a crossover move. Sometimes you’ll even spot him doing the hand motions like he’s got a basketball. 

Jefferson has talked about that, too. He uses soccer and basketball footwork to get open off of the snap and at the top of the route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I hope Jefferson continues to work with Chad Johnson in the offseason, or even go work with Stefan Diggs. Jefferson’s route running has really taken a big step this year, but it could be even better. I still watch Diggs do things on his route running that just make your mind explode. If Jefferson could get to that level, oh boy!

McCardell has done a fantastic job with the WRs the past couple of years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

and the QB doesn't know he's going to make these micro moves, right? he just knows the play is going to the outside? but whst the WR does to up to that point is up to him, and mostly instinct? as long as it doesn't disrupt the timing of the completion?

The QB expects the WR to get to a spot in a certain amount of time. That’s why Jefferson is so special - he knows exactly how much time he has and makes dbs look silly every week. The split second mind games he plays are so great.

it’s also why guys like Patterson didn’t work out. Lazy breaks and rarely got to the proper depth for the route he was supposed to run. Just being an incredible athlete isn’t enough to be a great WR most of the time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I mean, when Jerry Rice broke the record with two extra games there was no asterisk next to the record. If Jefferson breaks it with one extra game, why would there need to be one?

there won't be an asterisk, it will be an NFL season record. but to me, it's just....