Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Deebo Samuel, the star wide receiver who has been sitting out training camp practices while negotiating a new contract, has agreed to a three-year extension, according to multiple reports.

It’s reportedly worth $71.55 million, including $58.1 million guaranteed. Although the full structure of the contract is not yet out, the topline numbers are almost identical to the three-year, $72 million contract DK Metcalf just signed with the Seahawks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/31/49ers-deebo-samuel-agree-to-three-year-contract-extension/

how much will young Justin be making soon...?

If he gets Cooper Kupp stats this season, he might be the first receiver to get $30M a year...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Tyreek Hill already did that. 

Tyreek really only got $30M average on paper though, because he'll never fulfill that 5th year, which has a $50M cap hit.   JJ might get close to $30M average in real money, although I'd suspect it'll probably be around $27-$28M.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Tyreek really only got $30M average on paper though, because he'll never fulfill that 5th year, which has a $50M cap hit.   JJ might get close to $30M average in real money, although I'd suspect it'll probably be around $27-$28M.  

On paper is what agents care about. Very, very few players ever see what the contracts say. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Justin Jefferson is already in conversation as a top-five wide receiver, setting up a massive contract extension when he becomes eligible for a new deal next offseason. While Jefferson said he’s “not too fond of money,” in the offseason, it ultimately comes down to respect — and the players with the biggest contract are the ones who are given the respect by their respective teams.

While several anonymous agents told Conor Orr of Sports Illustrated that they expect Jefferson to strike a deal in the ballpark of $28 to $32 million a year, the Vikings could get a better deal with the star wideout by offering him a fully guaranteed deal for the long term.

“We are asking the wrong question,” one agent told Orr. “It’s not necessarily about the AAV (average annual value) when it comes to wide receivers, and it’s more about a period we may be entering when receivers, like quarterbacks, can start to inch closer to fully guaranteed contracts.”

Jefferson: “I love it that it’s coming now. All of the top receivers are getting paid this year. The future is very bright. Definitely, the market is getting higher. At this moment, I’m trying to focus on winning the Super Bowl. After the Super Bowl, we can definitely talk more about that.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/justin-jefferson-desmond-howard-fearlessness-nfl/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Justin Jefferson, continuing his emergence as one of the league’s most dominant wide receivers, put forth a stellar performance, securing 10 receptions for 147 yards while also scoring a rushing touchdown in a 28-25 victory over the New Orleans Saints on October 1. It was a performance that reasserted Jefferson’s stake atop the wide receiver ranks after a pair of quiet weeks.

Thielen: “Yeah, I mean, I strongly believe he’s the best receiver in this league. You just have an extra motivation to cheer for a guy that is not only a great football player, what he does on the football field is amazing, but he’s an even better person. I’m not just saying that because he’s my teammate. I love going to work with him every day. I get to spend a lot of time with him in the receiver room. Those are the guys you cheer for a little bit more. You hope they have success because they deserve it because of how hard they work and the type of man he is.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/adam-thielen-justin-jefferson-best-nfl/?fbclid=IwAR15hC4y6CINNh31DSHApfDz5vyaK2JcWAPLLRhgr9eQP5PDqp8MCPbUqXE

now wait just one minute here! last week, we had a disgruntled fan saying Jefferson was more concerned with his endzone dance moves than working hard. i'm confused, who knows more, Theilen or one of our experts?

Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson posted another big day in Sunday’s 29-22 win over the Bears. Jefferson had a career-high 12 catches for 154 yards in the victory and he now has 40 catches for a league-high 547 yards on the season. He also has 236 catches for his career, which breaks Randy Moss’ franchise record for the most catches through a player’s first three seasons.

The fact that he’s set that record with 12 games left to play in the season is a testament to how prolific Jefferson has been since entering the league. After the game, Jefferson said he’s trying to match the kind of impact Moss had on the game while also keeping the 4-1 Vikings on the winning side of the scoreboard.

Jefferson: “I’m trying to be like him. It’s definitely great to have the seasons I’ve been having but, you know, we got to get to that playoffs, get to that Super Bowl. That’s the main goal of our season. Not the accolades and not the touchdowns and all that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/justin-jefferson-personal-accolades-are-great-but-were-trying-to-win/

• Like 2