Is Blake playing his way into an extension?

pwny

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My team just assumed that Murray and our O-Line was going to perform like they did last year.  Fact is Murray seems to have dropped off the 30year old RB cliff and it has almost pretty much killed our offense. 
I think your franchise just knew Bortles was going to build off his 30 plus TD year, yet...here the team is. Maybe Bortles improves or maybe he goes back down.  That is a big risk.  A smart GM will not let Bortles go into next year unopposed. Henne almost took it from him in the pre-season. 

Is it Murray or more the OL because i think we all assume Henry is the future but he has no where to go too

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is it Murray or more the OL because i think we all assume Henry is the future but he has no where to go too

O-Line has regressed, but Murray has left sooooooooo many yards on the field. Lacked burst and made bad decisions (reads).  
But the Jags decision is one many teams have to make. And it calls for some assuming and hoping players improve.  

The team could add more offensive firepower and improve the O-line and make Blake that much better. As an outsider, I just can't imagine extending Blake to anything significant. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt his option like 19M though? That’s crazy

We don't have to pick up that option to keep him though.

But if we do, it's because we really don't like our chances at any other possible veteran option.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

O-Line has regressed, but Murray has left sooooooooo many yards on the field. Lacked burst and made bad decisions (reads).  
But the Jags decision is one many teams have to make. And it calls for some assuming and hoping players improve.  

The team could add more offensive firepower and improve the O-line and make Blake that much better. As an outsider, I just can't imagine extending Blake to anything significant. 

When the OL is healthy it isnt so bad and we all know losing Allen Robinson was awful to see what we really can be on offense

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

To be fair, our OL could use some upgrades and has been nothing more than slightly above average. Cam Robinson was having a hell of a year and the last few games has fallen off due to his ankle injury that is clearly impacting his game. Parnell/Omameh being out as well has been a huge negative.

I don't know, our offense I don't feel like has really overachieved much at all at any point. Running game may have a bit a couple times early on, but Blake's pretty much been the same guy all year (up and down, glimpses of very solid play along with a lot of poor play). 

Definitely need to improve the LG and possibly get a guy to either replace Parnell (he was very solid prior to injury and had a large impact on our good running game through the first several games) or get a development OT to sit behind him and learn/injury insurance.

I feel like with our passing game situation there's no way we let ARob walk. Lee has not done nearly as well as most expected coming into the year, Dede/Cole have upside and have shown some promising things but otherwise we have very little. Can't imagine an early round WR drastically changes our outlook either as they usually take time to get up to speed.

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

To be fair, our OL could use some upgrades and has been nothing more than slightly above average. Cam Robinson was having a hell of a year and the last few games has fallen off due to his ankle injury that is clearly impacting his game. Parnell/Omameh being out as well has been a huge negative.

I don't know, our offense I don't feel like has really overachieved much at all at any point. Running game may have a bit a couple times early on, but Blake's pretty much been the same guy all year (up and down, glimpses of very solid play along with a lot of poor play). 

Definitely need to improve the LG and possibly get a guy to either replace Parnell (he was very solid prior to injury and had a large impact on our good running game through the first several games) or get a development OT to sit behind him and learn/injury insurance.

I feel like with our passing game situation there's no way we let ARob walk. Lee has not done nearly as well as most expected coming into the year, Dede/Cole have upside and have shown some promising things but otherwise we have very little. Can't imagine an early round WR drastically changes our outlook either as they usually take time to get up to speed.

Do i need to bring up recent early wrs who went on to be very good year 1?

Sutton, Ridley, kirk, washingtom all look like good early contributors. Sutton is the guy i want.  Imagine having arob with a mike evans. That would be tough to cover and u throw dede into the slot with a good pass catching te and look out. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Sutton, Ridley, kirk, washingtom all look like good early contributors. Sutton is the guy i want.  Imagine having arob with a mike evans. That would be tough to cover and u throw dede into the slot with a good pass catching te and look out. 

This draft seems like it sets up well for us in terms of grabbing another WR who can come in and add depth and some playmaking ability behind ARob+Hurns, alongside DeDe and Cole...without having to spend a 1st round pick on them.  It feels like that sort of WR draft to me.  Some decent depth to the class, and decent depth of higher end guys...but really lacking any sort of star headliner, and probably even a bit lacking in true 1st round calibre talents.

Which lines up fine for us in my estimation.  As WR is a position it'd be nice to spend another pick on for depth+insurance (ARob coming off injury is a bit of a ???, Hurns has health issues as well, Lee is probably (read: hopefully) gone), but i think there are more pressing concerns to spend earlier picks on.  OLine in particular seems like an obvious target (in a draft that looks to have a really strong IOL class at the top end).  And obviously the QB situation will likely involved some sort of premium pick expenditure...since the answer to the question, "Is Blake playing his way into an extension" appears to be a firm "No".

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

I never said it doesn't happen. Doesn't change what I said. We're a team ready to compete, I don't want a rookie WR being our top guy. Look at pretty much every rookie WR besides Juju this year.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I never said it doesn't happen. Doesn't change what I said. We're a team ready to compete, I don't want a rookie WR being our top guy. Look at pretty much every rookie WR besides Juju this year.

This year seems like an outlier. Davis and Williams both battling injury issues and for w.e reason Bengals dont want to play ross. 

Do you guys reckon you’ll keep Bortles? I kinda want Eli Manning in Denver, but I’d put us as second favourites given the Tom coughlin link, so obviously if you keep Bortles then that boosts our chances.

Incidentally if Bortles walks, I think he ends up in the desert. Bruce Arians LOVED him at the 2014 draft. 

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Do you guys reckon you’ll keep Bortles? I kinda want Eli Manning in Denver, but I’d put us as second favourites given the Tom coughlin link, so obviously if you keep Bortles then that boosts our chances.

Incidentally if Bortles walks, I think he ends up in the desert. Bruce Arians LOVED him at the 2014 draft. 

I think there's a chance sure, but not sure how likely it is one way or another. Who knows if Coughlin or Eli even like the fit down here.

It'd make some sense with where we are as a team though. Drafting a guy and taking the ups and downs a rookie QB likely bring wouldn't be ideal and Blake has been pretty inconsistent/has held us back some in a few games this year due to just not being able to move the ball at all offensively.

46 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think there's a chance sure, but not sure how likely it is one way or another. Who knows if Coughlin or Eli even like the fit down here.

It'd make some sense with where we are as a team though. Drafting a guy and taking the ups and downs a rookie QB likely bring wouldn't be ideal and Blake has been pretty inconsistent/has held us back some in a few games this year due to just not being able to move the ball at all offensively.

Manning is your “all in” option. I’d say the option for sustained success is probably to give Bortles a new contract but without much guaranteed money, draft a guy in the second or third round to groom into a decent backup or possibly replace Bortles if he plays poorly.