Lovie Smith and Coaching Staff Thread

Texansfan713

Kind of surprised that Ben McDaniels got the title of passing game coordinator on top of WR coach for the Texans. He's worked with Pep at Michigan, so there is familiarity. It has to mean Pep, Lovie, Caserio. Someone has to be a fan of him for him to not only be promoted to WR coach but also PGC. Who really knows how much weight that title actually carries within the building, but if the Texans expect to lose Pep at some point in the future this could be an early indication that Mcdaniels could be a guy they look to. 

Looking forward to seeing who the DL coach will be for this team. I was very excited for Marinelli but he's retiring now apparently. Austin Clark who was at Illinois with Lovie was just announced to be staying with the dolphins for 2022. I don't really know who else is available and would fit. Rarely do teams not have an assistant HC also on staff and I don't believe anyone so far has that title either. 

Keen to see how this staff looks in the end. 

11 hours ago, OzzyTexan said:

Kind of surprised that Ben McDaniels got the title of passing game coordinator on top of WR coach for the Texans. He's worked with Pep at Michigan, so there is familiarity. It has to mean Pep, Lovie, Caserio. Someone has to be a fan of him for him to not only be promoted to WR coach but also PGC. Who really knows how much weight that title actually carries within the building, but if the Texans expect to lose Pep at some point in the future this could be an early indication that Mcdaniels could be a guy they look to. 

Looking forward to seeing who the DL coach will be for this team. I was very excited for Marinelli but he's retiring now apparently. Austin Clark who was at Illinois with Lovie was just announced to be staying with the dolphins for 2022. I don't really know who else is available and would fit. Rarely do teams not have an assistant HC also on staff and I don't believe anyone so far has that title either. 

Keen to see how this staff looks in the end. 

I think they made McDaniels PGC to stop him from jumping to Vegas (he is Josh's younger brother).

Marinelli's family apparently resides in TX... eyes emoji