Lovie Smith and Coaching Staff Thread

Texansfan713

33 minutes ago, Blaze said:

We can't put it on Lovie. Lovie has stated that he wanted McCown on staff this year & wanted him in the past. I feel as if McCown doesn't really want to coach right now but if you were going to offer the HC job, he would take it. 

While I know what Lovie said - I’m also reminded he’s a master at leveraging the media and saying the “right” thing.

For all we know, he wants him on the staff as an intern or something - traditional roles for first time guys getting into the coaching game (which is realistic for any guy with McCown’s resume). From interviewing for the HC job to fetching coffee, editing tape and rounding up errant passes after practice?

I think that’s a definite possibility here. Who knows though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Wade Smith spoke well of new OL coach. Said no one plays for him with out a certain physicality. 

He said today in his presser, a good run game start in the mentality of the OL. Which is 100% true. I think we’re in for an overhaul on the OL.

Sounds good, something we have heard before. I'm more excited for Pep. The overhaul of the entire offensive unit should fix the OL & the run game. 

7 hours ago, Blaze said:

Sounds good, something we have heard before. I'm more excited for Pep. The overhaul of the entire offensive unit should fix the OL & the run game. 

A good OC will bring in the QB, Mills in this case, and work through the offense with him. An arrogant OC will bring in the QB and tell him what he’s doing. My hope is that Pep will involve Mills in the creation of the offense and not just the execution of the offense. Build the offense with and around mills. That’s the benefit of promoting him to OC. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

A good OC will bring in the QB, Mills in this case, and work through the offense with him. An arrogant OC will bring in the QB and tell him what he’s doing. My hope is that Pep will involve Mills in the creation of the offense and not just the execution of the offense. Build the offense with and around mills. That’s the benefit of promoting him to OC. 

And they talked about they're still in the early stages of building this offensive scheme yesterday. And I'm sure that's all tailored to Mills' strengths.

I do think his comments mean Tunsil is out the door for sure 

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I guess Lovie Smith said he was not gonna let Caserio be on the headset during games. 

Caserio was on with Belichick, he will be on with Lovie. I know what he said, but I think he was just trying to clean up what Culley mentioned.  Culley needed the help, Lovie doesn't. But it doesn't hurt to have a extra set of resources since Caserio was actually once a coach. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Blaze said:

Caserio was on with Belichick, he will be on with Lovie. I know what he said, but I think he was just trying to clean up what Culley mentioned.  Culley needed the help, Lovie doesn't. But it doesn't hurt to have a extra set of resources since Caserio was actually once a coach. 

It does when the guy on the headset is the boss of the head coach.