Lions Promote Ben Johnson to OC

Sllim Pickens

12 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I was hoping this is the direction they would go. Wonder if this means Dan will continue to call plays? 

I think Dan will give play calling duties to Johnson. But they seem to be on the same page offensively. Reportedly, it was Ben who helped Campbell with the offense as far as play calling, drawing up plays, etc. once Anthony Lynn was relieved of those duties. This opened up the offense for Goff, ARSB, and the run game. I really like this move to build on what they developed late in the season.

I'm wondering who they bring in as a TE coach because outside of Hock (when he's not injured), we have nothing at the position. 

ARSB talks about Ben Johnson

“His attention to detail when he was installing these plays in the red zone,” St. Brown recalled in an interview with the Free Press last month. “He presents really well. He’s super confident up there. He knows what he’s talking about. You can just hear it in his voice. So I just remember him going up there, I think it was early in the year, installing red zone plays, and right from then on I knew he was a smart, special dude.” 

“He’s open to all new ideas,” said St. Brown, who caught 63 of his Lions rookie record 90 passes in the final nine games of the season. “So as a player, we love that. The quarterbacks love him. I think all the receivers, we all love him. So if he does get the job, I’m going to be super excited because without him I don’t think I would have had the numbers that I had toward the end of the year. I love Coach Ben.” 

• Like 4