Trojan's '22 Mock Draft (Update April 24th)

Trojan

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

When I cross posted this mock to Reddit this morning a lot of Steelers fans were very upset at the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Is that the root issue for you as well?

OIC, I missed the fine print of the Garoppolo trade. Yeah, I don't like that trade at all. If SF is getting rid of Jimmy G., I'm not giving them a 2 and 3. 

IMO, the Steelers are either taking a QB at #20, or they're rolling with Rudolph/Haskins and an UFA to be named later, such as Mariota or Trubisky. 

Now me personally, I believe Pickett is really the only QB worth taking in the 1st, so I would go O line here. Lately, I am leaning more toward Zion Johnson over any other lineman after his incredible performance at the Senior Bowl. 

21 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Neal is fine but little has 0 experience from HS and college playing rt and when he was tried at RT during camps last year it was bad enough to make him inactive over another OL who has versatility. 

He has trouble playing on the right side of the line tbh. He's better on the left side. LG or LT is what I see for Neal. And in Jacksonville, I don't see them taking him unless Robinson leaves.

6 hours ago, scar988 said:

He has trouble playing on the right side of the line tbh. He's better on the left side. LG or LT is what I see for Neal. And in Jacksonville, I don't see them taking him unless Robinson leaves.

Even if Neal ends up being a guard we still need guards since both of our starting guards are free agents.  

Pederson believes in having a great trenches and Neal offers the best way to protect Trevor. 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:57 AM, INbengalfan said:

I very much agree with this pick, especially if the Bengals address the OL in the form of 2 free agents, with center and either RG or RT as the other.  Taking Wyatt allows them to not be forced to sign Hill AND Ogunjobi, if that becomes the plan.  I think they sign Hill of the two due to age.  If they got both back, I'd still consider Wyatt anyway.

Now if they fail to address OL in free agency, and Joe Burrow hasn't sent assassins after the front office, then I think a slew of OL enter the picture.  If they are looking RT, then I would have Kinnard and Faalele at the top of my list.

If RG, then the pick is Zion Johnson without blinking.

Last option would be a DE like Jermaine Johnson if he’s even still on the board. 

1.022 -- Las Vegas Raiders -- Kenyon Green, G/T Texas A&M
notes: This is a pick I think a lot of my fellow Raider fans will not like especially with Jameson Williams on board as well as Nakobe Dean and Jordan Davis is popular as well I believe. That said Green has positional versatility along the offensive line and power in his run game both of which remind me of what an offensive lineman for Josh McDaniels would would be. As Leatherwood busted last year there is no way McDaniels is going into '22 with only Kolton Miller as a valuable offensive lineman. Green would be easily the best run blocker on the team, and would give plenty of options for the coaching staff to plug guys like Leatherwood, Good, whoever in a LG/RG/RT and have Green lock down whatever is best for their vision. 

Bold is correct lol.  But it makes sense.  We need at least 3 new starters on the OL.

A lot of good players to be had this late in the draft.  Thanks for your post!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

March 25th update (notes in OP):
1.001 -- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Travon Walker, DL Georgia
1.002 -- Detroit Lions -- Aidan Hutchinson, DE Michigan
1.003 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Malik Willis, QB Liberty || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
1.004 -- New York Jets -- Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner, CB Cincinnati
1.005 -- New York Giants -- Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon
1.006 -- Carolina Panthers -- Sam Howell, QB UNC
1.007 -- New York Giants -- Charles Cross, LT Mississippi State
1.008 -- Atlanta Falcons -- Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame
1.009 -- Seattle Seahawks -- Evan Neal, LT Alabama
1.010 -- New York Jets -- Jermaine Johnson, EDGE FSU/Georgia
1.011 -- Washington Commanders -- Ikem Ekwonu, OL North Carolina State
1.012 -- Minnesota Vikings -- Derek Stingley Jr., CB LSU
1.013 -- Houston Texans -- George Karlaftis, DE Purdue
1.014 -- Baltimore Ravens -- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson
1.015 -- Houston Texans -- Trent McDuffie, CB Washington || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
1.016 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Drake London, WR USC
1.017 -- Los Angeles Chargers -- Jordan Davis, NT Georgia
1.018 -- New Orleans Saints -- Garrett Wilson, WR The Ohio State
1.019 -- Houston Texans -- Devin Lloyd, LB Utah || Texans 1.003 -> Eagles 1.015 + 1.019
1.020 -- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kenny Pickett, QB Pittsburgh
1.021 -- New England Patriots -- Trevor Penning, OT Northern Iowa
1.022 -- Green Bay Packers -- Zion Johnson, G Boston College
1.023 -- Arizona Cardinals -- David Ojabo, EDGE Michigan
1.024 -- Dallas Cowboys -- Daxton Hill, NB/S Michigan
1.025 -- Buffalo Bills -- Roger McCreary, CB Auburn
1.026 -- Tennessee Titans -- Tyler Linderbaum, C Iowa
1.027 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Logan Hall, DE/DT Houston
1.028 -- Green Bay Packers -- Chris Olave, WR The Ohio State
1.029 --  Kansas City Chiefs -- Jameson Williams, WR Alabama
1.030 -- Kansas City Chiefs -- Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
1.031 -- Cincinnati Bengals -- Devonte Wyatt, DT  Georgia