Trojan's '22 Mock Draft (Update April 24th)

Trojan

1.008 -- Atlanta Falcons -- Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame
1.009 -- Seattle Seahawks -- Evan Neal, LT Alabama
1.010 -- New York Jets -- Jermaine Johnson, EDGE FSU/Georgia
1.011 -- Washington Commanders -- Ikem Ekwonu, OL North Carolina State

Sweet baby jesus i don't know what i would do with not only hamilton but both of the elite lineman and Johnson still there lol.   If Fontenot lives up to his true BPA no matter what stance like he did last year.  I could very well see Hamilton as the choice and i would still love it he is my Player #1 in this draft.  But considering how rough our O-line is at times i can for sure see Neal or Ekwonu as the choice there as well if they view them as = to Hamilton in quality of player.   Johnson is just one of my favorite guys in the draft as a edge rusher so im always gonna be happy if he is a available choice.   But even he would be 4th choice behind those 3 beasts there.

• 5 weeks later...

Final update right before draft week (explanation notes in OP, scroll down on OP for prior versions):
1.001 -- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Travon Walker, DL Georgia
1.002 -- Detroit Lions -- Malik Willis, QB Liberty
1.003 -- Houston Texans -- Aidan Hutchinson, DE Michigan
1.004 -- New York Jets -- Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner, CB Cincinnati
1.005 -- New York Giants -- Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon
1.006 -- Carolina Panthers -- Evan Neal, LT Alabama
1.007 -- New York Giants -- Charles Cross, LT Mississippi State
1.008 -- Minnesota Vikings -- Derek Stingley, CB LSU || Vikings recieve 1.008 -> Falcons receive 1.012 + 3.077
1.009 -- Seattle Seahawks -- Ikem Ekwonu, LT North Carolina State
1.010 -- New York Jets -- Jermaine Johnson, EDGE Florida State
1.011 -- Washington Commanders -- Drake London, WR  USC
1.012 -- Atlanta Falcons -- Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame || Falcons receive 1.012 + 3.077 -> Vikings receive 1.008
1.013 -- Houston Texans -- Trent McDuffie, CB Washington
1.014 -- Baltimore Ravens -- Jordan Davis, NT Georgia
1.015 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Andrew Booth Jr., CB Clemson
1.016 -- New Orleans Saints -- Sam Howell, QB North Carolina
1.017 -- Los Angeles Chargers -- Garrett Wilson, WR The Ohio State
1.018 -- Philadelphia Eagles -- Jameson Williams, WR Alabama
1.019 -- New Orleans Saints -- Tyler Smith, LT Tulsa
1.020 -- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan
1.021 -- New England Patriots -- Devin Lloyd, LB Utah
1.022 -- Green Bay Packers -- George Karlaftis, EDGE Purdue
1.023 -- Kansas City Chiefs -- Chris Olave, WR The Ohio State || Chiefs receive 1.023 -> Cardinals receive 1.029 + 3.094
1.024 -- Dallas Cowboys -- Tyler Linderbaum, C Iowa
1.025 -- Buffalo Bills -- Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
1.026 -- Tennessee Titans -- Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas
1.027 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Kenny Pickett, QB Pittsburgh
1.028 -- Green Bay Packers -- Trevor Penning, RT Northern Iowa
1.029 -- Arizona Cardinals -- Zion Johnson, G Boston College || Cardinals receive 1.029 + 3.094 -> Chiefs receive 1.023
1.030 -- Kansas City Chiefs -- Daxton Hill, CB/S Michigan
1.031 -- Atlanta Falcons -- Desmond Ridder, QB  Cincinnati || Falcons receive 1.031  -> Bengals receive 2.043 +3.074
1.032 -- Detroit Lions -- Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

Edited by Trojan

On 2/8/2022 at 7:31 AM, Trojan said:

The Patriots finally move off of selecting Trevor Penning in my mock, but only because I now have Devin Lloyd as being available.  I see Lloyd as either a fit at MLB over Bentley, or at SLB over recently acquired Mack Wilson. Regardless this is probably a position the Patriots haven't been in in decades with a need at LB, and having a blue chip prospect like Lloyd who can do it all and be a leader is a dream.

I'd say so, 100%

• Like 1

I don't hate the vikes trading up to get Stingley for only a 3rd but if Hamilton was there would rather have just stayed and picked him. They would not have known that when they traded up so makes sense. For me: Sauce > Hamilton > Stingley. Good mock

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, Duff34man said:

I don't hate the vikes trading up to get Stingley for only a 3rd but if Hamilton was there would rather have just stayed and picked him. They would not have known that when they traded up so makes sense. For me: Sauce > Hamilton > Stingley. Good mock

With the Texans going with Hutchinson at #3 (opposed to maybe a CB), I felt with the Texans standing on deck with the Vikings at 12 and Texans at 13 the Vikings would be a touch aggressive and call up the Falcons so the Texans don't mini-leap them. I felt like Stingley to the Vikings is one of those scenarios like last year of the Eagles moving ahead of the Giants for Devonta Smith. With ATL having many needs and a potentially diverse board, I felt like that was roughly the cheapest but most effective mini-jump to secure their guy. I think something like Houston to 10 (with Jets maybe thinking Deebo with pick 13 and pocketing the difference) would be a threat if the Vikings didn't move for Stingley. As is I have Deebo still to the Jets but involving their seconds.

Yep i like it alot  possibly the best player in the entire draft for really good value and adding a 3rd round pick.  Can't go wrong with that one bit i would have been cool with Jordan davis there as well no doubt.    If we lucked into Johnson falling to 12 and getting that 3rd round pick i think that would have been hands down best move.  But Johnson went ahead of us after the trade which is expected and we landed a beats in Hamilton to pair with Richie Grant for the next 7 to 10 years hopefully :)

I would now target 2 edge rushers and 2 WR's in round 2 and 3. Then either a DT, CB, or OG with the other round 3 pick.  That way Mariotta gets some good help this year hopefully and if he doesn't do well or stays injured next years QB in the 1st round has alot of young talent to work with and a new fresh 5 year contract with low cap space in a better QB class.   Also my top 4 or 5 QB's next year i have as better prospects i want than the #1 QB this year in Willis so im more than fine with waiting and can guarantee we end up with atleast 1 of the 5 lol

Edited by FalconFan13