LP's and DF's: Chiefs at Dallas

HDsportsfan

LPs -

TWill. Best game he's played with Dallas. 
Beasley - Good to see him involved again. 
OL - Cooper/Collins got the time they needed to adjust. OL is back to playing like best in NFL. 
DL - Terrific game overall. 

DFs -

Play to end 1st half probably isn't the worst I've seen, but it's up there. Embarrassingly bad. 
Byron Jones - I've defended him a lot. He's not the worst, but Dallas can do better. He stunk and imo, is regressing. 
Injury bug. 

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

My list pretty much verbatim. Dak did an excellent job going through reads as well. A couple clutch first downs and no real boneheaded throws. The one into triple coverage was in a spot were only Dez could get it. I dont like how he seems to be throwing 100 mph fastballs on every attempt though. There was one crossing route that it should have been an easy catch, but he threw the ball so damned hard it was uncatachable. 

Also - Romo gets a shout out - he did excellent in the booth. Pointed out a lot of nuances about our team that I really appreciated. Also he correctly called like 10 plays, lol. 

Wait a minute, you mean Byron Jones the 1st round pick that was a "can't miss" and supposed to solidify the center field position at S???

Another bust of a DB taken high. GOD I hate those picks. Always a waste!

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Wait a minute, you mean Byron Jones the 1st round pick that was a "can't miss" and supposed to solidify the center field position at S???

Another bust of a DB taken high. GOD I hate those picks. Always a waste!

I dont think Jones is a bust at all. I just think he played awful. He would start on most teams in the NFL. There are only about 5 difference making safeties in the league. Everyone else is either crap or serviceable. Byron is serviceable.  

38 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

Everyone claims their safeties suck. It's just a very exposed position where virtually every mistake makes a highlight reel.

Well...not everyone. Seattle has pretty good ones. Minnesota's aren't too shabby. The Giants have at least one good one...Jacksonville's are good (Ramsey and Church of all people)....

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Well...not everyone. Seattle has pretty good ones. Minnesota's aren't too shabby. The Giants have at least one good one...Jacksonville's are good (Ramsey and Church of all people)....

Not to mention Jenkins with the Eagles.  We haven't had a guy like that.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Not to mention Jenkins with the Eagles.  We haven't had a guy like that.

Yeah, he's another one. I know I'm leaving a couple guys off, as well. 

This is part of my pet peeve with Marinelli...and it may not be his fault, who knows...but Jones essentially shut down Rob Gronkowski his rookie year. What happened to that guy? 

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Yeah, he's another one. I know I'm leaving a couple guys off, as well. 

This is part of my pet peeve with Marinelli...and it may not be his fault, who knows...but Jones essentially shut down Rob Gronkowski his rookie year. What happened to that guy? 

Player has one great game, Des wonders why he didnt do it the other 75 games and blames coaches not the player. 

Jeff Heath had a great game against the Chiefs. Does Rod get credit for that? 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Player has one great game, Des wonders why he didnt do it the other 75 games and blames coaches not the player. 

Jeff Heath had a great game against the Chiefs. Does Rod get credit for that? 

Are you related to Rod? ;)

I mean overall his rookie season he looked pretty good. I just feel like maybe we aren't utilizing our DBs to their strengths. Just seems like Church and Carr are having more success on their new squads and making more plays than what they did here. 

Heath is Heath. Blind clock is right twice a day kinda thing. 

29 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Are you related to Rod? ;)

I mean overall his rookie season he looked pretty good. I just feel like maybe we aren't utilizing our DBs to their strengths. Just seems like Church and Carr are having more success on their new squads and making more plays than what they did here. 

Heath is Heath. Blind clock is right twice a day kinda thing. 

Hes my War Daddy 

Archived