Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, he's not wrong. Mandalorian was him meeting a kid and protecting the child at all costs. This show is basically the same in that regard so far.

Episode 3 was still by far the strongest and I enjoyed every minute of it, though.

Yeah I was strictly just talking about that. Grown man protects child. Both shows are based on the same story point.

Pretty good episode, but the only part that took me out of it was Fortress Inquisitorious having no defenses because "who would be dumb enough to attack it" sheer idiocy.  Literally any threat against the empire would be stupid not to attack it in that case considering you could kill several high level targets rather easily by firebombing the base.

• Like 1

Pros:

-Obi Wan showing off force powers was cool, holding the glass together to not let water in 

-Leia’s actor was actually pretty okay in interrogation scenes. Just don’t make her run again for the love of god 

-sneak missions were cool, as sneak missions were a significant part of the prequels despite Jedis reach being prevalent then. 
-good build of suspense the last two episodes 

-Obi Wan being a Jedi and deflecting blasts: hell yeah 

Cons:

-Ewan McGregor’s dentures creep me out every time he grimaces 

-the third sister deflecting blasters from a starfighter or whatever is stupid af 

-the third sister launching projectiles into the starfighter to blow it up is genuinely more force power than I’ve ever seen Darth Vader give off in the movies or shows lol 

Id say overall the last two episodes I haven’t been terribly disappointed. Ewan doesn’t feel like he remembers how to play Obi Wan anymore but there are glimpses where he feels familiar again. 

Edited by Ty21

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Was wondering if we’d get a “Well I know how to get in” and we see Cal Kestis…but makes sense not to the bring another Jedi into this I suppose.

Love fallen order and cal kestis but I’d rather him stay separate from this. Not just because the tie in would 100% be done corny af, but because I like fallen order feeling like a separate entity. Very much the same universe and intertwining story (esp since the game ended with a fight/escape from Vader) but he has more a vagabond/do my own thing kind of story

• Like 1

I really wish shows that are supposed to be serious would stop including child actors. 99.9% of them just can't pull off the range of emotions needed. Leia did not look at all frightened during those interogation scenes. The kid can definitely match her temperament and tone in some parts, but overall I think them going this route with this series was a bad idea. 

And Obi-Wan can barely move a small object with the Force earlier in the episode...but then can suddenly hold back the weight of an entire ocean a few scenes later? Without any effort or training? It'd be one thing if they showed us him doing some training or whatever to get back some of his proficieny (especially after seeing him basically get his *** kicked by Vader) but for it to just happen like that? C'mon. 

There are parts of this series that are really good, but so, so many that just take me out of it. 

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

And Obi-Wan can barely move a small object with the Force earlier in the episode...but then can suddenly hold back the weight of an entire ocean a few scenes later? Without any effort or training? It'd be one thing if they showed us him doing some training or whatever to get back some of his proficieny (especially after seeing him basically get his *** kicked by Vader) but for it to just happen like that? C'mon. 

I didn't have a problem with that.  Chalk it up to muscle memory combined with adrenaline.  Same reason why moms lift a car off of their hurt child and stuff like that.  He didn't have the blind fear and panic that he had when Vader was around to cloud him this time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Ah that was a reference to the cartoon stuff? I was wondering why it should mean anything to me but I did like seeing the youngling get posterized 😂

I’m not even sure if that was him, none of the others looked familiar at all.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I didn't have a problem with that.  Chalk it up to muscle memory combined with adrenaline.  Same reason why moms lift a car off of their hurt child and stuff like that.  He didn't have the blind fear and panic that he had when Vader was around to cloud him this time.

Exactly how I felt. He looked sloppy until it really mattered. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Love fallen order and cal kestis but I’d rather him stay separate from this. Not just because the tie in would 100% be done corny af, but because I like fallen order feeling like a separate entity. Very much the same universe and intertwining story (esp since the game ended with a fight/escape from Vader) but he has more a vagabond/do my own thing kind of story

I agree, just a thought of like “well five years ago someone already broke in”. Would’ve been wedged in there for sure, though it wouldn’t have seemed that out of place considering how the rest of the show has sorta been.

Im curious what he’s been up to and what part of this time period he’s in, timeline wise    The sequel is happening around this show.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

but then can suddenly hold back the weight of an entire ocean a few scenes later?

I considered this but I think he was using the force to hold the window together, not hold back the entire ocean. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I agree, just a thought of like “well five years ago someone already broke in”. Would’ve been wedged in there for sure, though it wouldn’t have seemed that out of place considering how the rest of the show has sorta been.

Im curious what he’s been up to and what part of this time period he’s in, timeline wise    The sequel is happening around this show.

I didn’t realize that would’ve been the same place lol. Kestis and Vader kinda decimated that base. The empire must’ve really liked the location 

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I didn’t realize that would’ve been the same place lol. Kestis and Vader kinda decimated that base. The empire must’ve really liked the location 

Wonder if that’s why there was constant security Drones on the lower levels? I doubt they were considering it at all. But yeah hard to be that location. 360 Ocean views, close but not too close to Vader’s place.