How do you now view James Harden?

stl4life07

For me I view him as a virus. I understood him wanting to leave the Rockets. They literally blew up the team and wanted to start fresh and young. Harden wanted to win a championship and wasnt sticking around and watch the team try to start over. So I get it. He forced his way out by not getting into shape and just not even trying when he was out there. What I dont get is him wanting out of Brooklyn. I get the Kyrie situation is frustrating. Ive been on the record of saying Im frustrated with Kyrie. The Nets though still have KD and the reason why the Nets traded for Harden is bc they felt like if they couldnt count on Kyrie at least they would still have a backup plan with Harden to pair with KD. Right now KD is hurt but he will be back after the all-star break. I have no reason to believe that a health KD with Harden and the pieces like Mills, if Harris comes back, Aldridge, and then giving some of the rookies like Thomas good playing time throughout the regular season that will pay dividends in the playoffs. I see why there is no reason the Nets still cant make a run in the playoffs?

Harden is once again pouting and wanting out to go to Philly. Then I think that it wouldnt shock me if he pulls this same stunt eventually in Philly. Embiid doesnt have a great track record of staying healthy especially in the playoffs. Doc with Philly and with the Clippers have shown epic collapses in playoff series. I can literally see both happening with Harden and then he is going to get frustrated especially when the rough Philly crowd start to boo him like crazy and he is going to want out again. So its like he went Houston and glad that its his team and owning it to wanting to go to Brooklyn and play with KD and Kyrie and glad to be there talking about "scary hours" to now trying to do all he can to go Philly. So my personal view of him has totally changed. 

It ain’t that deep. It is what is. I don’t see how going to Philly is a better move for him honestly. 

If Harden was playing at the level we expected him to, then we wouldn’t be losing 9 games in a row lol. If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays. I’m not gonna hold grudges against him, I just hope he’s aware that he’s running out of options and that Philly isn’t some place where it’s all koumbaya. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

It ain’t that deep. It is what is. I don’t see how going to Philly is a better move for him honestly. 

If Harden was playing at the level we expected him to, then we wouldn’t be losing 9 games in a row lol. If he goes, he goes. If he stays, he stays. I’m not gonna hold grudges against him, I just hope he’s aware that he’s running out of options and that Philly isn’t some place where it’s all koumbaya. 

I agree. If he doesn’t deliver in Philly and especially if he pulls the same crap he did with Houston and now with Brooklyn where he is purposely not showing up just bc he want to force his way out he will get blasted worst than Simmons right now in Philly. Then how many more chances will get get? So this next stop better not just be his best stop but his last stop imo. 

I’m still a harden fan. I can’t fault anyone from going from Texas to New York in a pandemic and suddenly realizing “what the heck did I do?”  Two very different states, not to mention the tax hit to his bottom line and the Kyrie Irving thing. 

I still think it’s all a conspiracy. I think the nets area trying to be a bottom 4 seed so they can have Kyrie for 4 games per series if needed. I still think that when the nets get healthy they can beat anyone in the league. 

one thing of concern is the injuries. He’s missed more games the last two years with the nets than he ever did with the rockets. Is he just being extra cautious or is he just getting old. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He wants to be reunited with Daryl Morey. Morey basically let Harden do whatever he wanted in Houston.

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m still a harden fan. I can’t fault anyone from going from Texas to New York in a pandemic and suddenly realizing “what the heck did I do?”  Two very different states, not to mention the tax hit to his bottom line and the Kyrie Irving thing. 

I still think it’s all a conspiracy. I think the nets area trying to be a bottom 4 seed so they can have Kyrie for 4 games per series if needed. I still think that when the nets get healthy they can beat anyone in the league. 

one thing of concern is the injuries. He’s missed more games the last two years with the nets than he ever did with the rockets. Is he just being extra cautious or is he just getting old. 

I don't think they actively want lower seed so they can have Kyrie more. They brought him back like they did because they realized without him they stand no chance at winning a chip.

What does being reunited with Morey really do for him? He isn’t the coach so except for personnel decisions it doesn’t really affect his freedom.

I don’t like Harden. I don’t like players in general who make a living trying to get out of contracts. One you may get a pass depending on circumstances. Two stops it’s hard to over look. Plus his boring iso ball sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Thought Harden was begging to be traded to BKN over Philly last year?

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

What does being reunited with Morey really do for him? He isn’t the coach so except for personnel decisions it doesn’t really affect his freedom.

I don’t like Harden. I don’t like players in general who make a living trying to get out of contracts. One you may get a pass depending on circumstances. Two stops it’s hard to over look. Plus his boring iso ball sucks.

Harden thought he would have more control/leeway with Brooklyn than he actually got. Once he realized he will always be second fiddle to Durant he wanted out. Harden is Moreys guy, if Harden wanted Morey to fire Doc and replace him with D'Antoni, Morey would do it. He's always given Harden whatever he wanted.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

before he at least ran his own team. now he's forced himself out of two teams in a year 

I don't think anyone was ever tricked into believing Harden was some great leader or selfless guy. That's not surprising.