3 round Post Sr Bowl Mock

eh3034

Hello all, long time member but first time posting since pre-pandemic. Please enjoy my first mock draft of 2022.  I typically make 4 a year (post-Sr Bowl, post-Combine, post-pro days, and draft week).

1 - Jacksonville - Aidan Hutchinson, Edge, Michigan - Clubhouse leader for the #1 pick, so I will have him here until a solid rumor says otherwise.
2 - Detroit - Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon - I'd love to see Detroit trade down and take Hamilton, but if they stay here, they go BPA despite all the $$ tied to edge rushers already.
3 - Houston - Evan Neal, OL, Alabama - They need to replace every OL not named Tunsil. Houston will surely cut Cannon with no dead cap, so Neal starts day 1 at RT.
4 - NY Jets - Derek Stingley, CB, LSU - If you are getting the Stingley from 2019, you are getting the best player in this draft. I bank on him returning to form.
5 - NY Giants - Ikem Ekwonu, OL, NC State - Immediate upgrade over Solder. This is the first of surely multiple OL selections they will make this year.
6 - Carolina - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt - The latest rumor mill note is Pickett to Carolina here, so I'm going to roll with it.
7 - NY Giants - George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue - Hitting another need here, Karlaftis is still a top 5 BPA on my board here, so I think this works well for them.
8 - Atlanta - Drake London, WR, USC - The pecking order at WR is far from clear, but my clubhouse leader at the moment is London. Wilson or Burks wouldn't shock me though.
9 - Denver - Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame - Denver goes clear BPA here, and Hamilton just so happens to fill multiple needs in one for them. I would be very surprised if they pass on him unless it is for a QB.
10 - NY Jets - Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah - This pick might be controversial, but despite the tackle numbers Mosley and Q.Williams graded near the bottom of the league, so an upgrade is a must.
11 - Washington - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty - The QBs this year are hard to predict, but if the rumors are true that Pickett goes 6, Willis won't be far behind.
12 - Minnesota - Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati - This would be an absolute steal if it happened, they definitely would not run out of time making this selection.
13 - Cleveland - Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio St. - Cleveland needs a couple of WRs, and I would be quite surpirsed if this pick isn't Wilson, London, or Burks.
14 - Baltimore - Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia - The defense thrived for many years with B.Williams in the middle, so they follow that same blueprint and bring in a new and improved anchor.
15 - Philadelphia - Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington - McDuffie has been a fast riser, with rumors floating around that some teams even have him as their CB1.
16 - Philadelphia - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas - Burks would be a great complement to the other WRs that they have, but I definitely believe one of these 1st round pick for them will be another WR.
17 - LA Chargers - Logan Hall, DL, Houston - Another controversial one most likely, but I think Hall is a fast riser and would be an incredible fit in this defense and make a scary team with Bosa.
18 - New Orleans - Chris Olave, WR, Ohio St. - I will mock BPA WR to the Saints in every mock draft I make this offseason, so we can all pretty much bank on them going another route lol!
19 - Philadelphia - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia - Philly needs an upgrade at the position, are losing a starter anyway, and Dean is my current BPA.
20 - Pittsburgh - Charles Cross, T, Miss. St. - I've seen Cross recently mocked as high as #1 overall, so this is probably much too low for him. I do think this is his worst case floor.
21 - New England - David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan - After missing out on the top WRs, the Pats go defensive BPA at a position of need. Many rate Ojabo as a top 10 pick, but this is the range that I feel is right for him.
22 - Las Vegas - Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia - It can be argued that the Raiders had the worst IDL in the league. That changes with Wyatt, who was a monster at the Senior Bowl, justifying his place this high.
23 - Arizona - Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn - I consider CB to be their #1 need, and McCreary was graded the #2 CB in all of FBS last year, and I currently like him over Gordon, Elam, and Booth.
24 - Dallas - DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M - With his peers all dominating the Senior Bowl, the junior Leal is currently quite overlooked. I expect him to re-establish his 1st round grade at the Combine.
25 - Buffalo - Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida St. - Both of Buffalo's veteran Edge rushers are Free Agents. I expect them to retain one and draft a replacement for the other.
26 - Tennessee - Tyler Linderbaum, OL, Iowa - Tennessee has needs at G and C, both of which Linderbaum could fill. I expect they will not have the cap space to retain Ben Jones, so this is their new C.
27 - Tampa Bay - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama - Even if they surprisingly franchise Godwin, I expect this to be the pick, as they need to replace AB since the offense struggled without him.
28 - Green Bay - Trevor Penning, T, N. Iowa - If GB loses Rodgers and Adams, drafting Penning and focusing on the run game is the route I would take next year.
29 - Miami - Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College - OL is by far Miami's biggest need, and I like Zion here because of the potential versatility he could bring them.
30 - Kansas City - Travon Walker, DL, Georgia - Walker would be the perfect replacement for the very effective Melvin Ingram, who they likely won't be able to retain.
31 - Cincinnati - Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M - The Cincy OL woes are well documented, so this should be the first of multiple OL selections for them throughout this draft.
32 - Detroit - Jalen Pitre, DB, Baylor - A QB here isn't out of the question for that 5th year option, but I think they hold off fill a big need in the secondary at Pitre can play S and slot CB.

33 - Jacksonville - Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington    
34 - Detroit - Damone Clark, LB, LSU    
35 - NY Jets - Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn St.    
36 - NY Giants - Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St.    
37 - Houston - Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina    
38 - NY Jets - Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M    
39 - Chicago - Bernhard Raimann, T, C. Michigan    
40 - Denver - Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss    
41 - Seattle - Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida    
42 - Washington - Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson    
43 - Atlanta - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St.    
44 - Cleveland - Travis Jones, DL, UConn    
45 - Baltimore - Daxton Hill, DB, Michigan    
46 - Minnesota - Marquis Hayes, G, Oklahoma    
47 - Indianapolis - Daniel Faalele, T, Minnesota    
48 - LA Chargers - Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St.    
49 - New Orleans - Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M    
50 - Miami - Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida    
51 - Philadelphia - Lewis Cine, S, Georgia    
52 - Pittsburgh - Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati    
53 - Las Vegas - Derion Kendrick, CB, Georgia    
54 - New England - Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky    
55 - Arizona - Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan St.    
56 - Dallas - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati    
57 - Buffalo - Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma    
58 - Atlanta - Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois    
59 - Green Bay - Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama    
60 - Tampa Bay - Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego St.    
61 - San Francisco - Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA    
62 - Kansas City - Quay Walker, LB, Georgia    
63 - Cincinnati - Darian Kinnard, T, Kentucky    
64 - Denver - Myjai Sanders, Edge, Cincinnati    

65 - Jacksonville - Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma    
66 - Detroit - Christian Harris, LB, Alabama    
67 - NY Giants - Jamaree Sayler, OL, Georgia    
68 - Houston - Phidarian Mathis, DL, Alabama    
69 - NY Jets - Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio St.    
70 - Jacksonville - John Ridgeway, DL, Arkansas    
71 - Chicago - David Bell, WR, Purdue    
72 - Seattle - Sean Rhyan, T, UCLA    
73 - Washington - George Pickens, WR, Georgia    
74 - Atlanta - Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama    
75 - Denver - Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin    
76 - Baltimore - Akayleb Evans, CB, Missouri    
77 - Minnesota - Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina    
78 - Cleveland - Drake Jackson, Edge, USC    
79 - LA Chargers - Abraham Lucas, T, Washington St.    
80 - Houston - Chasen Hines, G, LSU    
81 - NY Giants - Troy Andersen, LB, Montana St.    
82 - Indianapolis - Neil Farrell, DL, LSU    
83 - Philadelphia - Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota    
84 - Pittsburgh - Lecitus Smith, G, Virginia Tech    
85 - New England - Marcus Jones, CB, Houston    
86 - Las Vegas - Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis    
87 - Arizona - Dylan Parham, OL, Memphis    
88 - Dallas - Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati    
89 - Buffalo - Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St.    
90 - Tennessee - Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA    
91 - Tampa Bay - Matthew Butler, DL, Tennessee    
92 - Green Bay - Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina    
93 - San Francisco - Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise St.    
94 - Kansas City - Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson    
95 - Cincinnati - Martin Emerson, CB, Miss St.    
96 - Denver - Tyler Smith, T, Tulsa    
97 - Detroit - Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota St.    
98 - Cleveland - Nick Petit-Frere, T, Ohio St.    
99 - Baltimore - Brandon Smith, LB, Penn St.    
100 - New Orleans - Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin    
101 - Miami - Max Mitchell, T, Lafayette    
102 - Kansas City - Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona St.    
103 - LA Rams - Cole Strange, OL, Chattanooga    
  • Like 2

This works extremely well for Cincy.  I think we grab two free agent OL, but until they do, this works.  I've mocked Kinnard to us in the first, so getting him in the second along with Greene (or Zion Johnson if he was available) definitely is great for me.  CB or safety will be the next priority, depending on how many of our own free agents we manage to keep around.

• Like 2

Like INbengalfan said, i'll be highly shocked if we don't go OL heavy in FA, or at the very least grab one new starter, so that might make CB more of a rd 1 priority, and you can never have enough edge rushers.  Until that happens though, I can't argue with more talent on the oline. They already have a group of young guys though (Carman, Adeniji, Smith, Hill, Johnson) that are all 24 and under, so I really think they go for some proven veteran talent to go with Jonah Williams and Trey Hopkins.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if the Jags only went defense in the first 3 rounds. 

I get that, I'm just someone that is (foolishly perhaps) high on the potential of the Jags offense as is.  I anticipate they attempt to fix the OL woes through FA as their top priority, and retain Chark. I did consider OL at 70 though.

8 - Atlanta - Drake London, WR, USC - The pecking order at WR is far from clear, but my clubhouse leader at the moment is London. Wilson or Burks wouldn't shock me though.

I don't think London is a top 10-15 player in this draft and the Falcons don't need to force a WR at 8 and that's what this pick would do. Sauce Gardner or David Ojabo make more sense value wise.

2 hours ago, eh3034 said:

43 - Atlanta - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St.

This is a good pick

58 - Atlanta - Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois

Another way too high for their value pick

74 - Atlanta - Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama

And yet another one. 

Values don't jump THIS much from the senior bowl.

30 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don't think London is a top 10-15 player in this draft and the Falcons don't need to force a WR at 8 and that's what this pick would do. Sauce Gardner or David Ojabo make more sense value wise.

This is a good pick

Another way too high for their value pick

And yet another one. 

Values don't jump THIS much from the senior bowl.

Respectfully disagree, but I know you and I have disagreed on almost every Falcons picks I've ever mocked for over a decade so no surprise, dating all the way back to the Matt Ryan (which I was right about and won't let you forget) lol.  I think London is a top 10 pick, and I do not believe the players you think "jumped" are out of place here.  I did not even change my Robinson ranking from the Senior Bowl.  You don't have to agree with my player rankings, but don't belittle me by indicating I "jumped" them solely because of the Senior Bowl.

Haven't watched a ton of Dulcich, but TE is the Titans' biggest need.  C will overtake it if they don't re-sign Ben Jones (which you give as your reasoning).  If we got Linderbaum and a TE with the first two picks, I'd be thrilled.

Zion Johnson would be in consideration as well.  Vrabel's son is a teammate of his on the OL.  Jameson Williams also a possibility with how anemic the offense was when AJ Brown wasn't on the field.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Respectfully disagree, but I know you and I have disagreed on almost every Falcons picks I've ever mocked for over a decade so no surprise, dating all the way back to the Matt Ryan (which I was right about and won't let you forget) lol.  I think London is a top 10 pick, and I do not believe the players you think "jumped" are out of place here.  I did not even change my Robinson ranking from the Senior Bowl.  You don't have to agree with my player rankings, but don't belittle me by indicating I "jumped" them solely because of the Senior Bowl.

Where in that post have I said anything about you in particular? I gave constructive criticisms over your mock. Don't like them fine. But it's not personal. Never has been. I don't even really know who you are.