3 round Post Sr Bowl Mock

eh3034

4 hours ago, eh3034 said:

1 - Jacksonville - Aidan Hutchinson, Edge, Michigan

Jags probably take Evan Neal to keep Lawrence healthy and gets our bookends set with little and Neal. 

33 - Jacksonville - Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington

I wouldn't put cb in our top 3 needs and to me Gordon isn't a clear bpa not is he my best CB available.  We have 2 starters already.   I'd look at TE, WR, DL, Edge or even a g/c. 

65 - Jacksonville - Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma

Decent idea since we don't have a good projected starter at Ilb besides Jack. I'd go wr or OL here because we likely go FA to get a red dot ILB.

70 - Jacksonville - John Ridgeway, DL, Arkansas

Decent choice. 

Eh i love you but this is not the move at all for the Falcons.  I like one pick in the entire draft and thats the 2nd round DE Ebiketie.   If the Falcons take another 1st round offensive skill position player in this years draft so help me god i might switch football teams.   Im sick and damn tired of the Falcons passing over Defensive game changers and offensive lineman in the 1st round while Matt Ryan is here.    Even worse to me we pass over a few of them to take a WR who imo isn't a top 15 or 20 player. But even then it has less to do with London but way more to do with it being a WR for me.  It could literally be the #1 player in the draft like Pitts was last year coming out and i still would be mad we took a WR, TE, or even RB at 8. 

What makes this worse is we are BPA drafting team according to fontenot and the Best player in the entire draft is sitting there for us to take to pair with Richie Grant at Safety.  We should never pass on Kyle Hamilton unless 1 of  Thibs, Hutch, or Neal drop to us.   Those are atleast similar quality players at position of much more need and the lines need some big time love. 

The 3rd and 4th round i again think was reached on a good bit and i think we can do much better in this draft than what we got.  But im telling you man if we take a skill position player again it might not be pretty for ya boy after the draft lol. 

Now to replace the picks with who i would take in each situation it would be

8. Kyle Hamilton - S -  BPA in the entire draft and a position of need  win/win  Our defense needs major help.

2a - Ebiketie  - DE - No problems here no need to change anything.

2b - Jamaree Sayler - OL - We still need to work on and fix the O-line and Jam is a hell of a player to help us start doing that more.

3rd - Boye Mafe or Drake Jackson - Like both guys in the 3rd round and solid value.  Yeah im double dipping on the edge rush department we need quite a few of them we were dead last in pass rush by like 10 sacks almost this year.  We were hot GARBAGE.  i'LL ALSO WANT 1 MORE VET IN fa AT EDGE LOL.

3 hours ago, eh3034 said:

I get that, I'm just someone that is (foolishly perhaps) high on the potential of the Jags offense as is.  I anticipate they attempt to fix the OL woes through FA as their top priority, and retain Chark. I did consider OL at 70 though.

even with a healthy Chark, the Jags WR group is among the worst in the league

8-Atlanta-Drake London, WR, USC (OOF, like...OOF, you've got Atlanta passing on 2 top flight defenders for a WR, I certainly hope this doesn't happen in the draft)

43-Atlanta-Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St. (Homerun, if this can work out this way yes please!!)

58-Atlanta-Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois (Gimme Hamilton in the first and one of a million WRs here instead if you wanna give us a Safety)

74-Atlanta-Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama (Homerun, absolutely love this pick)

On 2/10/2022 at 8:44 AM, eh3034 said:

30 - Kansas City - Travon Walker, DL, Georgia - Walker would be the perfect replacement for the very effective Melvin Ingram, who they likely won't be able to retain.
62 - Kansas City - Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
94 - Kansas City - Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson
102 - Kansas City - Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona St.

Re-signing Ingram is very doable. He likes the situation and at 33 years of age, he's not going to command a lot. That said, taking an Edge rusher is always reasonable.
After taking off ball LB in the last two drafts, grabbing a third this early is a stretch. OT is a need and a full DL rebuild is in the works. Either Kinnard or Sanders would make more sense.
Positionally, Goodrich is fine. i am just not that high on the player. Why not go Petit-Frere here and Christian Watson to finish.

28 - Green Bay - Trevor Penning, T, N. Iowa - If GB loses Rodgers and Adams, drafting Penning and focusing on the run game is the route I would take next year.

I'm not going to say it's a 0% chance the Packers take an OT here, but I think it's highly unlikely they go OT here.  Right now, Billy Turner is our RT and while he's on under contract for one more year, there's probably a decent chance that Elgton Jenkins moves to RT permanently.  I think they could go OT here, but only if the value is overwhelming and I don't think Penning is that kind of value.  I think Travon Walker [DL/EDGE; Georgia] is probably the pick here given the board.  Could also see them going with a CB if the value is there or someone like Perrion Winfrey [DL; Oklahoma] as well.

59 - Green Bay - Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama

If they don't go EDGE earlier, I think you've got to get an EDGE here.  Not sure WR is a huge need unless Davante Adams walks.

Were gonna see what we have with Rousseau and Basham at DE. Basham started getting more reps later in the season and played well. We added AJ Epenesa the year before in the 2nd. Going edge here is bad with the amount of draft equity spent at the position the last 2 years.

CB, DT, OL, TE, RB biggest neede 

I don't really understand the Falcons fans hate for picking a WR.  Assuming Ridley doesn't return (and I don't know why anyone would assume he is coming back), the Falcons WR group right now has 1 career reception.  They are already over the cap limit, and with the decision being made to keep Matt Ryan, they aren't going to be able to afford to sign anyone of relevance.  Assuming Mike Davis is released (which I do assume will happen), Pitts is the ONLY skill position player returning to this team of any relevance.  The team legitimately needs 5 new WRs and 2 new RBs, minimum. 

What I will say is that to me the Falcons are a perfect trade down candidate for this reason.  Assuming Carolina/Pickett rumors are true, that'll help the Willis value, and teams will want to vault above 11 if they want him.  So, Atl could move down to the teens and take a WR, then take another WR with the extra pick they get.  For the life of me though, I will not ever understand why Falcons fans are ok with Frank Darby at WR1 and Austin Trammell as WR2.  Kyle Hamilton would be a great fit, yes, but if that really is the pick at 8, two WRs on day 2 is a must.  Otherwise, why even commit to Matt Ryan for next year?  Post-June 1 trade him to Denver and initiate "suck for Stroud."

28 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

I don't really understand the Falcons fans hate for picking a WR.  Assuming Ridley doesn't return (and I don't know why anyone would assume he is coming back), the Falcons WR group right now has 1 career reception.  They are already over the cap limit, and with the decision being made to keep Matt Ryan, they aren't going to be able to afford to sign anyone of relevance.  Assuming Mike Davis is released (which I do assume will happen), Pitts is the ONLY skill position player returning to this team of any relevance.  The team legitimately needs 5 new WRs and 2 new RBs, minimum. 

What I will say is that to me the Falcons are a perfect trade down candidate for this reason.  Assuming Carolina/Pickett rumors are true, that'll help the Willis value, and teams will want to vault above 11 if they want him.  So, Atl could move down to the teens and take a WR, then take another WR with the extra pick they get.  For the life of me though, I will not ever understand why Falcons fans are ok with Frank Darby at WR1 and Austin Trammell as WR2.  Kyle Hamilton would be a great fit, yes, but if that really is the pick at 8, two WRs on day 2 is a must.  Otherwise, why even commit to Matt Ryan for next year?  Post-June 1 trade him to Denver and initiate "suck for Stroud."

The honest answer to this is we are sick of taking skill player after skill player while neglecting the defense and lines for the entire time Ryan has been here.  We have seen what Ryan can do with avg to above avg recievers and don't feel we need a 1st round julio or ridley type of player.  Pitts is more of a WR than he is a TE so we already have a legit reception guy on the team and most of us feel we will either bring back Gage or sign a WR in FA.  We will have some cap to do this with not a ton but should have enough with trades and extentions to get a WR and a few other players.    I want a mid tier WR in FA and to resign Gage then maybe draft one in the 3rd to 5th round with some upside to add to Darby. 

1st round WR is not the move at all when your lines and defense are as bad as ours is who cares how many points you put up with a WR that won't have time to get open with a line still needing help or if you do put up points we will still have a god awful defense giving that lead away.    

You can get by with avg to above avg receivers much easier than you can lineman and defensive player.   Then you add into the fact that the WR group is pretty solid and deep this year and theirs no reason to take a WR that early over more talented players at positions we have neglected forever.

I'll also go on record and say i hope and pray we trade Ridley and don't offer him any kind of contract extension im tired of over paying skill position players it's not the right way to build a team.  

I think you misunderstand us in that we don't want a WR at all in this draft thats not the truth it's that we don't want one this early.  3rd round or 4th round WR and im pretty ok with it honestly.

• Like 1

Cross in the first would be a dream for the Steelers.

Desmond Ridder is terrible though.   He isnt worth anywhere close to that high of a pick.   Id rather stick with Mason Rudolph for the next 2 years than draft Ridder that high, and I want Rudolph gone.    No higher than a 5th round pick for me.   Give us pretty much any CB, IOL ILB, or hell...even a WR.

Dont know much about the 3rd round pick....but we need all the OL help we can get.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Cross in the first would be a dream for the Steelers.

Desmond Ridder is terrible though.   He isnt worth anywhere close to that high of a pick.   Id rather stick with Mason Rudolph for the next 2 years than draft Ridder that high, and I want Rudolph gone.    No higher than a 5th round pick for me.   Give us pretty much any CB, IOL ILB, or hell...even a WR.

Dont know much about the 3rd round pick....but we need all the OL help we can get.

This is interesting considering one commenter indicates it is unrealistic that Ridder would be available for the 2nd round pick at all, while another says he's not worth anything close to that high.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, animaltested said:

Good time to remind Draft Heads; Pete-John have never drafted a CB higher than 90th overall (Shaq Griffin).

Yeah they're like Howie Roseman and LB's. 

As much as I'd love to get Llyod or Dean (most Eagles fans would), chances are slim to none if we're being completely honest.

One can hope though! 🤞

Solid for Detroit but I would swap out Harris for Bell or Pickens.  I would be ok taking two WRs instead of another LB but if we do go Bell at 66 then Brandon Smith would be a solid LB at the end of Rd. 3. I think Pitre and Clarke are a little high but I do have both rising up boards as time goes on so I could see both being valued where you have them.