Nets, Sixers swap James Harden and Ben Simmons

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s a terrible trade for Philly.  

Why do you say that?

Drumond was good depth. Simmons was a nothing for us at this point. First round picks when they're going to be in the mid 20s are a crapshoot. Curry will be the only significant piece going IMO.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why do you say that?

Drumond was good depth. Simmons was a nothing for us at this point. First round picks when they're going to be in the mid 20s are a crapshoot. Curry will be the only significant piece going IMO.

He’s nothing for you but for the Nets he could be huge. That matters.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

He’s nothing for you but for the Nets he could be huge. That matters.

I mean, so what's the alternative? Don't trade him because he'd actually play somewhere else? This was the deal that gave them the best chance to get to the Finals, period.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Couldn't get Thybulle but glad this got done. Was time to move on. Harden needs to get healthier but damn the East is going to be a bloodbath in the playoffs.

Nets line up with KD/Simmons at 4/5 is going to be super intriguing in the playoffs. 

Woj should probably credit the first person on this story 

lol 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don’t get what happened with Harden. Why so unhappy? Without Kyrie they nearly won it all. Were #1 seed or close when KD went down. 

Nets win this trade, but both teams got better. Essentially traded Curry for Harden given that Simmons wasn’t playing. Still Harden is a bum, will choke as always for Philly.

He was apparently unhappy with the Kyrie part time situation

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why do you say that?

1. Regardless of whether Simmons was playing not he was a tradeable asset. 

2. James Harden is currently fat and out of shape. 

3. James Harden historically has been terrible in the playoffs. 

4. James Harden hasn't been the same since they cut down on the ticky tack foul calls.

5. Curry is a better 3 point shooter than Harden. 

I'll give you that Harden is a better creator than Curry which is what Philly needs right now.  But still, Ben Simmons seems to fit what the Nets need a lot more than what the 76ers need, and you gotta go through them in the playoffs.  I think you just made the Nets the title favorite. The Nets were a mess before this trade. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

1. Regardless of whether Simmons was playing not he was a tradeable asset. 

2. James Harden is currently fat and out of shape. 

3. James Harden historically has been terrible in the playoffs. 

4. James Harden hasn't been the same since they cut down on the ticky tack foul calls.

5. Curry is a better 3 point shooter than Harden. 

I'll give you that Harden is a better creator than Curry which is what Philly needs right now.  But still, Ben Simmons seems to fit what the Nets need a lot more than what the 76ers need, and you gotta go through them in the playoffs.  I think you just made the Nets the title favorite. The Nets were a mess before this trade. 

You're forgiving a lot of Simmons shortcomings. Dude went from Philly to Brooklyn and you think the criticisms are going to get easier?