Giants considering benching Eli Manning

everlong

53 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt it more the play calls and OL?

OL has picked up its play lately.  Can’t pin the blame on them.  Part of it is injuries.  Part of it is scheme.  Part of is players quitting on the coaches. With Eli, it’s Father Time catching up to him.  Regardless, it’s time to clean house starting with the GM.  Bring in a coach that is a motivator.  Draft the best QB available in round 1, and build from there.  I wouldn’t be opposed to getting Davis Webb into the game just to see what we have.

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Eli isn't going anywhere. McAadoo, that's a different issue. Giants FO aren't usually quick to fire coaches but this is a unique scenario.

i find it odd that since McAdoo has become HC our o-line has gone from serviceable to flat out bad.

If Eli is benched, I highly doubt he is a Giant in 2018.

Don't see how the degree to how much Eli is the problem is even relevant here. They have 2 months of meaningless football ahead of them. Better to at least get some film on their 2nd round QB so they can make an informed decision in April rather than help Eli get some garbage time bulk stats.

Not a Giants fan but I live in the area.  McAdoo is the worst coach in the league.  He will throw Eli under the bus but refused to do the same to either of the cry baby WRs over here(OBJ and Marshall).  He is stubbornly playing Flowers and not throwing him under the bus.  Maybe someone should tell him that a QB can't throw well if he isn't getting the time to decide on which throw to make.

Reese, who actually lives in my hometown, blew it with the Offensive Line and deciding to go with McAdoo in the first place.  Those two things will cost him his job.  Well they should but Mara is too loyal.  But I hope for the sake of Giants fans on here that Mara doesn't show the same level of loyalty to Reese that York, up until last season, showed Trent Baalke.  If that happens Reese will make an enormous mess of the team that will take years for the next regime to repair.

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Well San Francisco just traded for Garropolo, means they're less likely to take a QB, and instead Barkley. Improves the chances of the Giants taking Darnold/Rosen

If the Giants win a few more games Lynch might even facilitate a trade down.  Still I don't know if I'd rather see a trade down for picks or see them get Barkley.  Then again Offensive Line and WR are needs too.

I really don't see the sense in either approach honestly.  Benching Manning doesn't make sense because Webb isn't doing anything with that supporting cast.  Engram is their only real weapon, and he's a rookie.  Starting Manning doesn't make much sense either since the Giants are virtually out of it. 

Archived