Superbowl Mock 22

Madmike90

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

take him for what he is...#53 on a 53 man roster.

I’d personally like to see a little more churn in this part of our roster. That’s not meant to be specific to Holtz either. It also means CB6 and RB4 and OL10 and LB8, etc.

I would expect with a bunch of guys being inherited by the new regime who have no ties to them that we see more of this, at least in 2022. Guys like Shelley and especially Vildor were seemingly reasonably protected as Pace draft picks. I think both are going to have really uphill battles to make the roster this year. Nall too. I also think we’ll see a lot of the annual camp bodies/PS guys change. Guys like Michael Joseph and Thomas Ives have been allowed to just kind of linger around taking up space when after 3 (Ives) and 4 (Joseph) years they’ve never really been close to cracking the roster. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d personally like to see a little more churn in this part of our roster. That’s not meant to be specific to Holtz either. It also means CB6 and RB4 and OL10 and LB8, etc.

I would expect with a bunch of guys being inherited by the new regime who have no ties to them that we see more of this, at least in 2022. Guys like Shelley and especially Vildor were seemingly reasonably protected as Pace draft picks. I think both are going to have really uphill battles to make the roster this year. Nall too. I also think we’ll see a lot of the annual camp bodies/PS guys change. Guys like Michael Joseph and Thomas Ives have been allowed to just kind of linger around taking up space when after 3 (Ives) and 4 (Joseph) years they’ve never really been close to cracking the roster. 

Yeah pretty much like 10ish people have set starter spots and are unquestioned starters imo. Outside of that everyone needs to at least have competition for their spots and we should be bringing in a ton of cheap deals to see if we can strike gold once or twice. 

Fields, Monty, Herbert (not a true starter but heavy role), Mooney (hopeful 2), Jenkins, Borom, Whitehair, Mack, Quinn, Smith, Johnson. All others should have to earn their spot as a starter (Kmet, EJax, Goldman) or lower guys just to stay on the team (most dbs, TE depth, etc). The HITS scale needs to be used to weed out the guys who aren't buying in.