Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Looks awful honestly. It looks overly polished. The trilogy looked better IMO. 

Problem is with everything being CGI these days it's impossible to get the real life feel of those films, but to me it looks like they did a pretty good job 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

Problem is with everything being CGI these days it's impossible to get the real life feel of those films, but to me it looks like they did a pretty good job 

It looks like the did a crappy job de-aging people even though they didn't need to be de-aged. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It looks like the did a crappy job de-aging people even though they didn't need to be de-aged. 

Who they de-aged? I guess I would assume they do that if there’s someone from the original cast but I don’t think anyone is.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

this has been a issue for me for many films/shows in the last 5-10 yrs. This current modern look does not touch the grainy look we used to get in the past

GoT nailed the aesthetic IMO. LotR nailed it. I guess its hard to get high fantasy right in a live action medium though because outside of them they are either under budgeted (Merlin) and hammy or over-budgeted and too clean (Wheel of TIme). 

58 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

GoT nailed the aesthetic IMO. LotR nailed it. I guess its hard to get high fantasy right in a live action medium though because outside of them they are either under budgeted (Merlin) and hammy or over-budgeted and too clean (Wheel of TIme). 

To be fair, this show does take place during the supposed golden age of Tolkien’s universe. So maybe everything should be more clean and golden 😆

LOTR was kind of weird. At least from memory. I remember it being too bright with the bloom effects when seeing it in theaters (especially FOTR), but they toned it down considerably in the EE version. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I can't believe how worked up some people (not here) are over a 1 minute montage, as if we can tell anything at all (other than it isn't all white males) about how the show will actually be.

There’s a lot of stupid people nitpicking at things that shouldn’t be nitpicking.

I think everyone on here has some legitimate criticism. Looking back on the trailer again, the only thing I don’t love is Galadriel (?) hanging on to her sword. Her face looks way too CG in that shot, which makes little sense. 

• Like 2