Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

6 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Arondir. It's only been two episodes so we'll see. Hopefully they change his personality a bit but I doubt it.

Had to google the Grey Worm name. Yeah I see it 😆

Never actually saw GOT. Can’t remember from the books since it was so long ago.

35 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Oh, if you saw GOT you'd understand the personality. The show changed him from the books

I was so happy that HBO adapted GOT since I loved the books so much. And I’m happy it was a worldwide phenomenon. I just never had the urge to watch it for some reason. I am watching HOTD since I never read Fire and Blood though 😆

15 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

First two episodes were pretty average. Lighting sucks 

I thought the lighting was only noticeable in the second episode. It was like they switched cameras for the second episode even though the director and cinematographer were the same for both. But the pilot looked great.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I thought the lighting was only noticeable in the second episode. It was like they switched cameras for the second episode even though the director and cinematographer were the same for both. But the pilot looked great.

It's entirely plausible that different units were used. It's common practice for a 2nd unit to film easier (for lack of a better word) scenes while the main unit is filming elsewhere with different actors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's entirely plausible that different units were used. It's common practice for a 2nd unit to film easier (for lack of a better word) scenes while the main unit is filming elsewhere with different actors.

Thanks! It was such a weird transition visually that it took me out of it the first time I saw episode 2. Like WTF happened to the cinematic lighting in episode 1. Was it my device?

Is it just me or is the mythos of LOTR just so hard to follow at times? Especially relative to other fantasy series? I loved the original trilogy, but one episode in and it was a bit hard to keep up with all the prologue. And between the lighting and meh choreography, it was difficult to make it to the second episode. Maybe I'll pick this back up later, but I don't feel compelled to religiously watch this as it airs.

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Is it just me or is the mythos of LOTR just so hard to follow at times? Especially relative to other fantasy series? I loved the original trilogy, but one episode in and it was a bit hard to keep up with all the prologue. And between the lighting and meh choreography, it was difficult to make it to the second episode. Maybe I'll pick this back up later, but I don't feel compelled to religiously watch this as it airs.

The lore is essentially from Tolkien’s version of the Bible. So yeah it’s kind of dense. If you want to continue, I think most I know liked the second episode more since it minimizes the exposition and pacing issues from the pilot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

@Outpost31 completely agree with what you’ve said in here, sadly. Love LOTR. But this stuff looks ridiculous. Can’t fathom how people can watch the video-gameness of the cgi in the show and not get taken out of it.

Probably because it actually looks a lot better in the show. Better than the Cave Troll at least. I also can’t take that Tweet seriously given her history for posting and retweeting stupid things like the below:

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1