What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

32 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Dallas trying to trade Collins. I’m all over that 

3 years, $30 million left on his deal since Dallas would have to eat the dead cap hit in a trade.  29 years old, could slot right in at RT.  Did miss some games last year.  Not sure if I would move #31 for him though.

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

3 years, $30 million left on his deal since Dallas would have to eat the dead cap hit in a trade.  29 years old, could slot right in at RT.  Did miss some games last year.  Not sure if I would move #31 for him though.

I would move 31 for Collins and another pick

i would give up our 2nd easily since it’s basically a 3rd

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

We can never have too many former LSU players.  Sign me up for trading a 2 and a late pick if necessary.

I wonder if we could do something like a 3 this year and a conditional pick next year based on games played.  Like a 2023 3 if he plays less than 12 games, and it bumps up to a 2023 2 if he plays 12 or more in 2022.

Edited by THE DUKE

LT: The Jonah
LG: Spain/Carman
C : Ryan Jensen
RG: Trai Turner
RT: La'el Collins

Collins would only be $11 mil or so against the cap with roster bonus, Turner is younger and was a solid 69.4 PFF grade at RG last year but has performed better in the past and wouldn't be too expensive.  Bring Spain back to battle it out with Carman for LG (I think Carman feels more natural on the left side), and Jensen as our big FA splash.  Rest of the FA money goes to either a CB or DT.

I wouldn't give up more than our 2nd for a good RT. Collins probably qualifies but we might not have to offer pick 63 for him as he's missed a lot of games for various reasons. His salary is average for his play. 

There are probably other players available in trade too. Prices should drop before the start of the league year. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

LT: The Jonah
LG: Spain/Carman
C : Ryan Jensen
RG: Trai Turner
RT: La'el Collins

Collins would only be $11 mil or so against the cap with roster bonus, Turner is younger and was a solid 69.4 PFF grade at RG last year but has performed better in the past and wouldn't be too expensive.  Bring Spain back to battle it out with Carman for LG (I think Carman feels more natural on the left side), and Jensen as our big FA splash.  Rest of the FA money goes to either a CB or DT.

The only thing I think the team would see differently is having a spot for Deonte Smith.  If we trade for Collins, that limits him to RG as a possible starter, unless they really see carman staying at RG and opening up LG for Smith

23 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The only thing I think the team would see differently is having a spot for Deonte Smith.  If we trade for Collins, that limits him to RG as a possible starter, unless they really see carman staying at RG and opening up LG for Smith

This would allow us to continue developing Smith as our swing tackle though, because the odds of The Jonah and Collins both playing 17 healthy games the next three years are slim.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

This would allow us to continue developing Smith as our swing tackle though, because the odds of The Jonah and Collins both playing 17 healthy games the next three years are slim.

I'm comfortable with Smith as a swing tackle. I don't think he's the starter yet.