Jump to content

SB Hangover Mock. 2 rounds. A lil FA.


Jeezla
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What does Williams do in a superior way vs Olave? 
If you drafted Olave, would you feel like "Damn, we got Carr another turd to throw to" or would you feel like "Damn, it's not Williams, but he can be pretty good"?

Here is a scouting report on Olave from an NFL scout. Explain to me what you see differently if you watch film.  I have watched a bit of film on Olave and I tend to agree with this scouts assessment.  Lack of effort , sloppy route running and struggles to create separation in the 1st.  No thanks.

Explain how this NFL scout is wrong and as you believe he is a superior talent to Williams? 

Scouting Report:
Receiver who does not play as fast as his (40) time, who can get re-routed easily and gives below average overall effort. Accelerates quickly, has elite acceleration, but showed he can get hung-up with defensive backs or moved off his course way too easily, which causes some errant looking passes (see Minnesota and Oregon crossing patterns). Struggles to create separation on intermediate level routes. Tends to take it easy running routes if the ball is not going to him, which is a tell to opposing defenses. Did not even look like he was going all-out and kind of taking it easy when they did throw the ball to him. Mediocre looking on all the short to intermediate stuff. Nothing special at all in terms of YAC (yards after the catch) on receiver screens or intermediate routes. Less than impressive route running. Route running looked sloppy. Looked average at break-points. Average COD (change of direction). Routes did not look disciplined or crisp. Above average hands, but not good or great (65 catches on 103 targets). Sometimes double clutches the ball, can look too robotic and loses field awareness. If it is not easy or a big money play, tends not to want to go get it or be able to adjust well enough to the ball. Tends not to go out of his way for passes. It needs to be on target. Can get deep and turn it on for Sports Center big plays that showcase his God-given natural ability and then put it back on cruise control the rest of the game. Will stick his nose in there on run blocks but average sustain. Classic big name who has everything except the desire for the game and the playing strength.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Here is a scouting report on Olave from an NFL scout. Explain to me what you see differently if you watch film.  I have watched a bit of film on Olave and I tend to agree with this scouts assessment. 

Scouting Report:
Receiver who does not play as fast as his (40) time, who can get re-routed easily and gives below average overall effort. Accelerates quickly, has elite acceleration, but showed he can get hung-up with defensive backs or moved off his course way too easily, which causes some errant looking passes (see Minnesota and Oregon crossing patterns). Struggles to create separation on intermediate level routes. Tends to take it easy running routes if the ball is not going to him, which is a tell to opposing defenses. Did not even look like he was going all-out and kind of taking it easy when they did throw the ball to him. Mediocre looking on all the short to intermediate stuff. Nothing special at all in terms of YAC (yards after the catch) on receiver screens or intermediate routes. Less than impressive route running. Route running looked sloppy. Looked average at break-points. Average COD (change of direction). Routes did not look disciplined or crisp. Above average hands, but not good or great (65 catches on 103 targets). Sometimes double clutches the ball, can look too robotic and loses field awareness. If it is not easy or a big money play, tends not to want to go get it or be able to adjust well enough to the ball. Tends not to go out of his way for passes. It needs to be on target. Can get deep and turn it on for Sports Center big plays that showcase his God-given natural ability and then put it back on cruise control the rest of the game. Will stick his nose in there on run blocks but average sustain. Classic big name who has everything except the desire for the game and the playing strength.

I'm not reading that. 
Olave isn't a perfect WR prospect, but neither is Williams. And this is a mock of what I would expect to happen, not a mock of what makes you happy. Go make your own mock if you're that desperate to see Williams in a pretend Raider uniform before ultimately getting drafted by the Chiefs.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I'm not reading that. 
Olave isn't a perfect WR prospect, but neither is Williams. And this is a mock of what I would expect to happen, not a mock of what makes you happy. Go make your own mock if you're that desperate to see Williams in a pretend Raider uniform before ultimately getting drafted by the Chiefs.

Just as I expected.  You're clueless when it comes to talent evaluation and the fact you're waisting your time doing a mock draft before free agency reiterates that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Just as I expected.  You're clueless when it comes to talent evaluation and the fact you're waisting your time doing a mock draft before free agency reiterates that!

every mock draft is a waste of time, including the ones that come out the day before the draft. None of them are real.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Titans are very set at LB.  Long is great, Cunningham is great, and they took Monty Rice in the third last year, and he seems like he’ll be solid.

Jameson Williams or Zion Johnson much more likely picks for them there.

I think we have different definitions of Great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

every mock draft is a waste of time, including the ones that come out the day before the draft. None of them are real.

That's is true but FA changes everything.  If the Raiders go out and sign Chark and Juju a WR in the 1st is not going to happen.  

At least one has a fighting chance to come close after FA but a pre FA mock draft is a joke.  

Explain to me what you see in Olave who was clearly inferior to the other Ohio State WR Wilson?  Now if you were mocking a stud like Wilson to the Raiders I would be in agreement as the roster currently sits but Olave is not good value at 22.  Williams is also good value and if not for the injury would have been either 1st or 2nd WR off the board.  I am not looking at short term value I am looking at drafting a stud for the next decade. 

 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's is true but FA changes everything.  If the Raiders go out and sign Chark and Juju a WR in the 1st is not going to happen.  

At least one has a fighting chance to come close after FA but a pre FA mock draft is a joke.  

Explain to me what you see in Olave who was clearly inferior to the other Ohio State WR Wilson?  Now if you were mocking a stud like Wilson to the Raiders I would be in agreement as the roster currently sits but Olave is not good value at 22.  Williams is also good value and if not for the injury would have been either 1st or 2nd WR off the board.  I am not looking at short term value I am looking at drafting a stud for the next decade. 

 

At least 5 teams will make picks that aren't good value. Happens every draft. You are one of those teams.
If Williams ran a 4.5 40 yard dash, you wouldn't care about him.
If Williams was 100% healthy and some team took him over Treylon/Wilson, then that team would be just as dumb as the Raiders taking Ruggs over Lamb/Jeudy. Williams is a slightly slower, but taller Ruggs.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

At least 5 teams will make picks that aren't good value. Happens every draft. You are one of those teams.
If Williams ran a 4.5 40 yard dash, you wouldn't care about him.
If Williams was 100% healthy and some team took him over Treylon/Wilson, then that team would be just as dumb as the Raiders taking Ruggs over Lamb/Jeudy. Williams is a slightly slower, but taller Ruggs.

Taking Ruggs over Jeudy was dumb in terms of talent?  You can't be serious as Jeudy as shown nothing in two seasons.  While Ruggs numbers were not spectacular his speed opened up the rest of the O.  Carr was playing at an MVP level when Ruggs was on the field. 

This once again this shows your football knowledge is very limited.  Unbelievable... 

This is a serious question, do you even watch football or just make pointless mock drafts that you give little thought to?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Taking Ruggs over Jeudy was dumb in terms of talent?  You can't be serious as Jeudy as shown nothing in two seasons.  While Ruggs numbers were not spectacular his speed opened up the rest of the O.  Carr was playing at an MVP level when Ruggs was on the field. 

This once again this shows your football knowledge is very limited.  Unbelievable... 

This is a serious question, do you even watch football or just make pointless mock drafts that you give little thought to?  

you're a funny dude
Ruggs proved he can occasionally catch a deep ball. Jeudy proved he can't stay healthy, but when he plays looked like 3x the WR Ruggs is.
Do you even watch football? Your football knowledge is non-existent and you buy your own woof tickets.
And again, every mock draft is pointless. That's the point. Waste time. Those mock drafts that you read and you like them because the Raiders took Jameson Williams? Waste of time.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

you're a funny dude
Ruggs proved he can occasionally catch a deep ball. Jeudy proved he can't stay healthy, but when he plays looked like 3x the WR Ruggs is.
Do you even watch football? Your football knowledge is non-existent and you buy your own woof tickets.
And again, every mock draft is pointless. That's the point. Waste time. Those mock drafts that you read and you like them because the Raiders took Jameson Williams? Waste of time.

Jeudy played 16 games this year and posted 850 and 3. The guy appears to be a bust and you're claiming he is 3X the WR of Ruggs.  Laughable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Replace Carson Strong with Devontae Wyatt for the Falcons and i think were pretty good to go for the 1st 2 rounds.   I'll make my move for the Falcons QB next year in a much better QB draft.  Plus i think Ryan will be here for another 2 to 3 years so i don't want to waste that much of a rookie QB's contract while were still rocking with a still very good Matt Ryan.   Our D-line needs ALL THE HELP it can get right now and Wyatt is a bad mofo and you pair him with Ojabo and you got a nice little tandem to really start turning this thing around maybe. 

Also 1 more question that has me intrigued who costs more Leighton or Foye in FA? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see the Bengals spending FA money on LB.  Wilson and Pratt are a good starting combo, and we're in nickel 75% of the time anyway.  They also need a CB either in FA or early in the draft.  The Bengals 4 big offseason spending items will likely be 2 OL, 1 CB, and extending (or tagging) Jessie Bates, then they will fill in around that with what they have left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...