SB Hangover Mock. 2 rounds. A lil FA.

Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

How long is proven otherwise in your opinion? When is the last time the Lions reached for a bad QB in the first round? Joey Harrington 2002? 20 years ago. 

Just need to nail it this year and they will prove me wrong. Until then, every Detroit FO is bad at their job. And it was the 32nd pick. It's not like you took him top 5. And Corral has the 2nd best tools next to Malik. Better arm than Carson Strong, imo. If Corral weighed 15 lbs more, he'd be a top 20 lock.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just need to nail it this year and they will prove me wrong. Until then, every Detroit FO is bad at their job. And it was the 32nd pick. It's not like you took him top 5. And Corral has the 2nd best tools next to Malik. Better arm than Carson Strong, imo. If Corral weighed 15 lbs more, he'd be a top 20 lock.

32nd pick is still a first rounder. There is better talent available there. Would even rather trade back, pick up extra picks than to draft a poor QB this draft. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

32nd pick is still a first rounder. There is better talent available there. Would even rather trade back, pick up extra picks than to draft a poor QB this draft. 

That's what I would want too if I was a Lions fan, but let's be honest- Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, and Matt Corral likely all go round 1, regardless of how good they are as prospects. The Lions are one of the teams that needs a QB. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it won't happen or is unlikely to happen. I didn't think Jalen Hurts was worth a 2nd round pick and I never would have mocked him to us. We drafted him in round 2 anyways. The Lions are as likely as any team in the NFL to be the team that ultimately drafts one of Matt Corral or Kenny Pickett or Malik Willis.

Goff is an ok stopgap for 2022. Better than Fitzpatrick or Bridgewater or Brisset or Taylor.

So Lions should look for their QB in 2023 when Young and Stroud and Rattler will be in the draft. 

In the meantime they need to add some weapons and upgrade the defense. At least their O-line is decent.