The Off-season Thread: FA rumors/news

.Buzz

Dilla hinting at Juju interest. I’d be all for it.

Ideally as a complement to ARob/Amari and a guy at 33.

Also mentioned Jordan Whitehead, safety from Tampa as someone they have interest in. Makes sense with Caldwell/their safeties coach coming up here.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Dilla hinting at Juju interest. I’d be all for it.

Ideally as a complement to ARob/Amari and a guy at 33.

Also mentioned Jordan Whitehead, safety from Tampa as someone they have interest in. Makes sense with Caldwell/their safeties coach coming up here.

I rather see us let Andre be the starter at fs and see how Jenkins performs so we can make a fair decision since his salary is ridiculous

1) ARob

2) Chark

3) Kirk

4) Juju

Chark and Kirk are close imo, but would slightly prefer Chark due to our lack of speed outside+keeping a young talented player we drafted in house and paying him.

At least one of these guys are a must, ideally two along with a rookie at 33 imo.

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure how reliable this guy is but the article makes it sound like it’s pretty likely to happen and end up in the $16-$17M per range.

Makes not finishing that Cooper deal more questionable imo, but Kirk is one of like 4 free agent WRs that has the ability to be a legit weapon for Trevor near the top of the depth chart (others being ARob, Chark, and Juju to a lesser extent) in this free agency class. Needed to come away with at least one of them, and the numbers are kind of whatever to me considering our cap situation/lack of homegrown talent on the cusp of needing a new contract.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Not sure how reliable this guy is but the article makes it sound like it’s pretty likely to happen and likely end up in the $16-$17M per range.

Makes not finishing that Cooper deal more questionable imo, but Kirk is one of like 4 free agent WRs that has the ability to be a legit weapon for Trevor near the top of the depth chart (others being ARob, Chark, and Juju to a lesser extent). Needed to come away with at least one of them from this FA class, and the numbers are kind of whatever to me considering our cap situation/lack of homegrown talent on the cusp of needing a new contract. 

Yeah, I had never heard of him before this and I tend to take people I don't know with a grain of salt. But I saw your Dilla post teasing at Kirk and I thought maybe there was something to it. 

• Like 1