The Off-season Thread: FA rumors/news

.Buzz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you guys expect Etienne to take the RB1 job and run with it, or will James Robinson have a shot to re-establish himself as RB1 once he's back from injury? Or will it be a 50/50 situation like Chubb and Hunt or DeAngelo and J Stewart?  

Etienne is as talented as any RB to come out recently, but James was so consistently good when healthy, even when everything around him looked subpar.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Do you guys expect Etienne to take the RB1 job and run with it, or will James Robinson have a shot to re-establish himself as RB1 once he's back from injury? Or will it be a 50/50 situation like Chubb and Hunt or DeAngelo and J Stewart?  

Etienne is as talented as any RB to come out recently, but James was so consistently good when healthy, even when everything around him looked subpar.

Too early to tell.  I expect week 1 may be too early to expect Robinson back.  Will probably be some kind of platoon of Etienne and Snoop Conner.  

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm expecting it to be a rotation.   Both guys coming off injury.   Ettienne is the explosive guy(who's also been doing some wr work) while Robinson is the guy who can handle a healthy load but lacks that explosive play but he will get you what's available. 

Snoop Conner our rookie pick is actually showing some suprisingly good hands and being a lil more explosive then thought as a bigger back type. 

On 6/18/2022 at 9:01 PM, Jeezla said:

I don't think anyone really has any clue what to expect with the RB situation.  With a completely new regime coming in, a new offensive scheme, and both guys coming off injuries...it's a total crapshoot.  It really is anyone's guess how it'll shake out.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah they’re both going to get tons of reps when they’re both healthy. I think Etienne gets used in kind of a “Swiss army knife” role as well. Just get him in space and let him do his thing.

It sure is fun to have drafted a guy specifically for Dublin Daddy's offense.  Only to literally never have him play a snap in it.

But yeah.  I feel pretty confident Doug will find a way to use Etienne effectively.  And honestly, it will probably look an awful lot like what Urban was allegedly intending to do with him.  If anything, i almost think Doug is better suited to actually use Etienne to effect.  He comes from that tree of spread stuff that WORKS in the NFL.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him lined up in the slot and in weird alignments just to create those mismatches to get him "in space".  Where hopefully, he's still worth the pick we spent on him, for a "special" role in the offense of a guy who obviously isn't here anymore.

Edited by Tugboat

On 7/11/2022 at 8:39 AM, Tugboat said:

It sure is fun to have drafted a guy specifically for Dublin Daddy's offense.  Only to literally never have him play a snap in it.

But yeah.  I feel pretty confident Doug will find a way to use Etienne effectively.  And honestly, it will probably look an awful lot like what Urban was allegedly intending to do with him.  If anything, i almost think Doug is better suited to actually use Etienne to effect.  He comes from that tree of spread stuff that WORKS in the NFL.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him lined up in the slot and in weird alignments just to create those mismatches to get him "in space".  Where hopefully, he's still worth the pick we spent on him, for a "special" role in the offense of a guy who obviously isn't here anymore.

Yeah I didn’t love the pick when it was made, and obviously it looks less and less appealing (through no fault of ETN) but I do think Doug P increases the chances of just about every offensive player and how much success they have.

• Like 1