Saints Stats and Metrics thread

Dome

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

DN_f27sVQAA1SjB?format=jpg

not listed is Ken Crawley at #20. QBs simply have nowhere to throw the ball. 

So here's what I don't get about PFF. Wasn't there just a thread that stated Vaccaro was bottom 5 in the NFL for his position. Obviously I think most Saints fans knew that wasn't accurate as he has been playing great after the first couple games, but I just don't get how he can have this type of dominant number in coverage, but still have be rated so low by them. 

37 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So here's what I don't get about PFF. Wasn't there just a thread that stated Vaccaro was bottom 5 in the NFL for his position. Obviously I think most Saints fans knew that wasn't accurate as he has been playing great after the first couple games, but I just don't get how he can have this type of dominant number in coverage, but still have be rated so low by them. 

I’m pretty certain that it has to do with inconsistancy in run defense. He’s been lights out as a pass defender. PFF greatly rewards players for run defense...it’s the reason Cam Jordan is always near the top of the list over flashy pass rushers. 

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m pretty certain that it has to do with inconsistancy in run defense. He’s been lights out as a pass defender. PFF greatly rewards players for run defense...it’s the reason Cam Jordan is always near the top of the list over flashy pass rushers. 

I know @iPwn is a subscriber to their Pro Stats.

Maybe he has a better understanding.

23 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I've heard different prices for this.  Their website says 200 a year, but I've heard people say it's actually a lot higher than that.  It's hard to justify 200 a year, but it's right on the borderline when I tell myself I would just blow that money anyway.  But other prices I've seen like 2 grand is out of the question.

20 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

That photo is his stats when playing Corner and doesn’t include anything when he plays Safety. 

Vocarro’s full grade from them is 41.4. He has a 40.4 grade for coverage, 80.0 for run defense, and 70.4 for pass rush.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I've heard different prices for this.  Their website says 200 a year, but I've heard people say it's actually a lot higher than that.  It's hard to justify 200 a year, but it's right on the borderline when I tell myself I would just blow that money anyway.  But other prices I've seen like 2 grand is out of the question.

The price depends on which package you get and which set of stats and licenses for distribution you have. I love analytics and think they have a place in the sport, but PFF has a long way to go before I could justifiably tell anyone (outside of someone doing journalism that might use them for reference) that any of their tiers are worth the cost. There’s too many holes and problems with their system for generating the stats that make them unreliable. In many respects they’re the best we have, but they’re not good enough to warrant the price points on them. 

Ok, MJD just said on NFL network he'd rather have Case Keenum than Drew Brees.

Case Keenum, 7 Tds, 3 INTs, 63% comp, 6.9 yards/attempt 88 rating.

Drew Brees, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, 71.6% comp, 8.1 yards/attempt 105 rating.

Then he justifies it by saying the Saints have a good defense.  Lol, and the Vikings don't?

And people wonder why I defend Brees as much as I do.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ok, MJD just said on NFL network he'd rather have Case Keenum than Drew Brees.

Case Keenum, 7 Tds, 3 INTs, 63% comp, 6.9 yards/attempt 88 rating.

Drew Brees, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, 71.6% comp, 8.1 yards/attempt 105 rating.

Then he justifies it by saying the Saints have a good defense.  Lol, and the Vikings don't?

And people wonder why I defend Brees as much as I do.

Well, the guy across from him said Drew isn't having an amazing season. I think MJD just wanted to agree so he could have another argument for him favoring the Vikings. 

6 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Well, the guy across from him said Drew isn't having an amazing season. I think MJD just wanted to agree so he could have another argument for him favoring the Vikings. 

I know they just want to have opposing viewpoints, but Case Keenum over Brees is silly.

Archived