Saints Stats and Metrics thread

Dome

47 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He said Keemun is better than Brees this year.

I just don't get the thought process behind his comments. The Vikings are very likely going to replace Keenum with Bridgewater as soon as they feel he's ready to go. Just on that premise alone that has to make you wonder how on earth he could think he's better than Brees. I actually am a Bridgewater fan and think he can be a solid QB, but on his best day he's nowhere near Brees. Like I just can't grasp the absurdity of MJD's comment. Keenum is literally the 3rd QB option for the Vikings. If Bradford's knee was healthy Keenum wouldn't see the field. Outside of the Tampa Bay game (Which has been one of the worst teams in the NFL this year), Keenum has been little more than a dink and dunk game manager at best.

The whole discussion was whether the Vikings or saints were bigger threats to the eagles in the NFC.  Which is a legitimate discussion, and I might pick the Vikings based on their outstanding defense.  The other analysts noted that Saints haven yet had to rely on big numbers from Brees, which is also accurate.  Against the Eagles in the playoffs, would you rather have Keenum or Brees?  The others said Brees, and of course MJD said otherwise.

EDIT:  Even if you aim to have opposing viewpoints, this position is completely absurd for a professional analyst.

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

It does have something to do with it when you’re just writing him off as jealous though.

It means he’s a bad analyst, not that it’s any bad juju with the Saints for never winning here. And not that he’s somehow “jealous” of Ingram and Kamara.

You also sure he wasn’t saying “for the future” and giving Keenum the youth advantage?

Just because he said he thought this went on with every club doesn't necessarily make him "defending the Saints" any more or less than him being jealous. So what's your point?

4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Just because he said he thought this went on with every club doesn't necessarily make him "defending the Saints" any more or less than him being jealous. So what's your point?

My point is, if he has some "bad juju" with the Saints, why would he take an opportunity to defend him? Wouldn't he just sit back and let everyone pile on?

I think you're taking it personally and overlooking the simplest answer, he's a bad player evaluator and doesn't have a clue how to run an offense. That's why he's a media "analyst" and not a coach or assistant somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

My point is, if he has some "bad juju" with the Saints, why would he take an opportunity to defend him? Wouldn't he just sit back and let everyone pile on?

I think you're taking it personally and overlooking the simplest answer, he's a bad player evaluator and doesn't have a clue how to run an offense. That's why he's a media "analyst" and not a coach or assistant somewhere. 

Defend who? I didn't say he defended anyone, you did. .................what the hell are we talking about now?

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Defend who? I didn't say he defended anyone, you did. .................what the hell are we talking about now?

“Why would he take an pportunity to defend them.” Not him. Typo on my end.

So I have been getting notifications for this thread since I posted here, after accidentally turning them on.

I saw the discussion about what MJD said about Brees and thought I would chime in. He did not say that he would take Keenum over Brees, he stated that Keenum is playing better than Brees at this moment, given their situation.

I wouldn’t agree with him at all, but that’s pretty significantly different than what is being claimed that he said. Given that these formats are set up to create provocative moments, it’s not that egregious, if still entirely wrong. 

EDIT: and on that note, unsubscribed from alerts here. 

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

So I have been getting notifications for this thread since I posted here, after accidentally turning them on.

I saw the discussion about what MJD said about Brees and thought I would chime in. He did not say that he would take Keenum over Brees, he stated that Keenum is playing better than Brees at this moment, given their situation.

I wouldn’t agree with him at all, but that’s pretty significantly different than what is being claimed that he said. Given that these formats are set up to create provocative moments, it’s not that egregious, if still entirely wrong. 

EDIT: and on that note, unsubscribed from alerts here. 

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure at the end of the segment he implied that he would rather have Keenum than Brees in the playoffs this year, after the other analyst said she'd rather have Brees.  Before this he said, "Keenum is having a better year than Brees and it's sad to say but it's true" 

In any case, I didn't realize we were gonna have two pages worth of discussion about it, I just thought it an absurd thing to say regardless of what the format is aiming for.

Archived