Offseason News

THE DUKE

On 7/6/2022 at 5:14 PM, sparky151 said:

The Browns traded Baker Mayfield to the Panthers today. They play on opening day. That's a game Carolina can win vs probably Jacoby Brissett. 

Baker will play the game of his life I think.  Insert popcorn gif here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kinda surprised we haven't seen Jonah extended yet.  This would have been the week.  So next year, they have to deal with Jonah, Bates and Pratt

They could also be proactive with Higgins, Borrow and Wilson.  

There's no way I wouldn't have extended Jonah at this point, unless the numbers were way too far apart.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, INbengalfan said:

Kinda surprised we haven't seen Jonah extended yet.  This would have been the week.  So next year, they have to deal with Jonah, Bates and Pratt

They could also be proactive with Higgins, Borrow and Wilson.  

There's no way I wouldn't have extended Jonah at this point, unless the numbers were way too far apart.

They're clearly going to replace Bates with Hill. Pratt won't be expensive, at least compared to Wilson. They exercised the 5th year option on Jonah so he's under contract through 2023. Last year was his first full season so I think they want him to prove he can stay healthy and build on last year. Yesterday was a poor game for him. If he plays like that all year, they may be looking for his replacement.