Hearthstone

skywindO2

On 8/31/2019 at 8:17 PM, minutemancl said:

Also, the "final boss" for me to get to legend was against a zephrys hunter. He played well and top decked zephrys to clear my board with a hellfire on turn 6. He started a comeback the next turn with huffer->houndmaster. I drew and played my zephrys, and savagery won me the game. I had a true silver up. Killed his huffer, played a 3 mana tip the scales, killed the hound master, and he conceded. 

Congrats.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hit legend again in September and had my highest legend finish, just outside top-1000. First time I ever hit legend 2 months in a row. Was mostly caught up in the single player content, but played just enough to get to where I ended up. Murloc paladin is still fun and secret hunter is still very good.

I'm excited about the changes we are going to hear about tomorrow. Bringing N'zoth and Ragnaros back into standard? Hell yes.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Hit legend again in September and had my highest legend finish, just outside top-1000. First time I ever hit legend 2 months in a row. Was mostly caught up in the single player content, but played just enough to get to where I ended up. Murloc paladin is still fun and secret hunter is still very good.

I'm excited about the changes we are going to hear about tomorrow. Bringing N'zoth and Ragnaros back into standard? Hell yes.

I was reading about that as well.  We should see the full list of all 23 cards they're bringing to standard tomorrow.  That's going to be awesome.  Great they're giving everyone the cards, too.

Also, congrats on hitting legend again.  That's big time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, minutemancl said:

crazy mage deck out there now. Kind of like an otk 

On 10/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, MossyMoss said:

crazy mage deck out there now. Kind of like an otk 

Unfortunately I ran into that last night. I had 11 health in minions on board, full health, and 28 armor. Still died in one turn from an empty board with no set up. Always frustrating when that happens.

I'm just not having fun with this event. Shaman is broken right now. I made the same evolve shaman deck everyone is playing. I've won every game with it so far, but it feels so high rolling that isn't fun. I'll win 3 games, try another fun deck, and run into either the same broken evolve shaman or the greediest priest deck you've ever seen. It is by far the most oppressive meta for anything that isn't a tier one deck, which is the most boring type of meta. My favorite part of the game is trying out interesting and goofy decks and succeeding at least some of the time. It doesn't happen here. I might become an arena player until this event is over. Dual class arena is great.

I'm playing this goofy warrior deck that gains a bunch of armor in the early game with overlords whip, armorsmith, acolyte, eternium rover, etc. Then in the late game, you play emperor and can pull off a 20 damage grommash combo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...