Update: Titans and City Agree on Building of a New Stadium

Titans fan 617

19 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Does someone wanna explain to me how there's stadiums far older than ours that are still going fine and don't need in excess of a billion to be upgraded/fixed?

Like did they cheap out when they built it?

A new stadium would be cool and everything, but hopefully we don't hire anyone associated with building the current one if this is how it's gonna turn out.

Our stadium was built out of concrete & not steal its much harder to keep a concrete stadium up to par & you want a stadium that makes revenue cause during todays point of time it’s much more comfortable & convenient watching football at home, a control climate, on your plasma flat screen. To update the stadium will cost over 600 mill at this point might as well build a new stadium 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Does someone wanna explain to me how there's stadiums far older than ours that are still going fine and don't need in excess of a billion to be upgraded/fixed?

Like did they cheap out when they built it?

A new stadium would be cool and everything, but hopefully we don't hire anyone associated with building the current one if this is how it's gonna turn out.

Ones older. Can you name a few?

Because some of the older ones have been renovated at a time when materials and labor weren't nearly as much as now. 

17 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For the folks in Nashville 

Are there any rumors down there to when we could hear more on a new stadium?

Seems like everything is being kept kind of secretive or could just be so early in the process that things like this just take time but curious if anyone is hearing anything down in Nashville 

Nothing much since the news broke last time. 
They just trying to figure out the option that makes the most sense. 

I think they got the story out to see how the city felt about it. People were very excited and receptive, so I feel a new stadium will be coming 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nothing much since the news broke last time. 
They just trying to figure out the option that makes the most sense. 

I think they got the story out to see how the city felt about it. People were very excited and receptive, so I feel a new stadium will be coming 

I bet the Preds Lightning game last Saturday helps some ones case for the new stadium

That game had more fans than probably any Jaguars home game over the last few season's

Someone has to be making the pitch, look at we did for a hockey game, imagine what we could do for a SB, Final 4, World Cup or Wrestlemania

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Again, I truly do apologize to the fans who live in Nashville and the Season Ticket holders as this process may hurt people’s wallets down there 

But as a fan who travels there every few years…

I can’t wait to see what this stadium is going to look like 

Seems like we are hearing news weekly on this thing 

Shouldn’t be long before it becomes official 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Again, I truly do apologize to the fans who live in Nashville and the Season Ticket holders as this process may hurt people’s wallets down there 

But as a fan who travels there every few years…

I can’t wait to see what this stadium is going to look like 

Seems like we are hearing news weekly on this thing 

Shouldn’t be long before it becomes official 

Always gonna have the section of folks who say: "You can build billion dollar stadiums, but can't fix the roads, etc..." 
Which is true, but welcome to the world. Build this stadium and see money come in to the city.

I still remember people mad about the draft being here because we removed some trees. Nobody is worried bout the trees now. lol

• Like 1

Fact of the matter is, across every single sport and as leagues become more and more of a BUSINESS…

the sooner you get with the times, the better. Every major city should have their own Jerry’s World. 

ton of talks in Chicago about moving the bears/soldier field to the suburbs. Just build a massive stadium near Ohare. At first I was like … cmon the bears need to be IN Chicago! Went to a game this year, was a nightmare to get to and I live in the city. Soldier Field is behind the times, Chicago warrants a Jerry’s World. 

it’s table stakes