Update: Titans and City Agree on Building of a New Stadium

Titans fan 617

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Fact of the matter is, across every single sport and as leagues become more and more of a BUSINESS…

the sooner you get with the times, the better. Every major city should have their own Jerry’s World. 

ton of talks in Chicago about moving the bears/soldier field to the suburbs. Just build a massive stadium near Ohare. At first I was like … cmon the bears need to be IN Chicago! Went to a game this year, was a nightmare to get to and I live in the city. Soldier Field is behind the times, Chicago warrants a Jerry’s World. 

it’s table stakes 

I guess it's also easy for us to say since we love football.
If they were building a billion dollar knitting convention stadium, I'd turn my nose up at it. lol

I'm not a baseball person and they trying to get MLB here, I say NOOO, don't waste money on that.

Waste money on a NBA team. :) 

• Like 2

I've been a Titans fan all my life but I haven't been able to make it to a Titans home game in Nashville. I just hope I'll be able to make it to a game in the current stadium before the new one opens. That being said I think a new stadium would be a cool process to follow. It sounds like not only Nashville but also the rest of the football community really enjoyed the draft in Nashville and would support things like the combine and the superbowl being there. As far as I know the 2026 superbowl has not had its location set yet. I get the feeling the 2026 goal is so we're at least competitive for that selection process. 

On 4/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, deeluxx3 said:

Fact of the matter is, across every single sport and as leagues become more and more of a BUSINESS…

the sooner you get with the times, the better. Every major city should have their own Jerry’s World. 

ton of talks in Chicago about moving the bears/soldier field to the suburbs. Just build a massive stadium near Ohare. At first I was like … cmon the bears need to be IN Chicago! Went to a game this year, was a nightmare to get to and I live in the city. Soldier Field is behind the times, Chicago warrants a Jerry’s World. 

it’s table stakes 

Did you move? Could have swore you were a NYC guy?

46 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Really happy they are thinking going to the retractable roof route. Hope that thing really opens up. Love being outside for the games. Hope we get a cool design for the stadium. Love what some of the new nfl stadiums have been looking like. 

If they don’t retractable roof it’s a waist my opinion, because football games are more enjoyable from your living room now days 

I hope the neighborhood or whatever it is they plan on building around it Is kind of like Ballpark Village in St. Louis. Next to the stadium they have a Cardinal museum with an area kind of like a giant open sports bar but it’s like 4-5 different restaurants. Giant TVs everywhere. Great place to hang out before games and stuff like that. I don’t know what Nashville has planned but everyone knows that St. Louis is built around that ball club. Nashville on the otherhand….