Our Coordinators

roi34

16 hours ago, NickButera said:
On 27/11/2017 at 3:08 PM, big_palooka said:

Bad offense. Lynch is a massive bust (lol... Broncos traded up for him too). First sign of color, he would panic. He missed a lot of throw. A lot. WR's were predictably open, he just couldn't hit them.

Defense looked more up for the game I suppose. They put Mack at DT to take on blocks which freed up Autry/Irvin to get sacks. So little ripple there perhaps.

Makes you wonder what our defensive front could really look like if we had a legit DT. We've only been asking for one for years now......

Whilst Ellis has been pretty good this year we really are missing a presence next to him. Vanderdoes flashed potential early on but has been very quiet lately - he's still a rookie though so not going to write him off yet, Hester has shown the odd flash too and looks a great value for a 7th round pick. A good penetrating 3T would do wonders though no doubt!

With regard to the 'new defence' against Denver I did see a few changes and a propensity in the early stages at least to be more aggressive, we had a couple CB blitzes too if i recall correctly. Now, maybe I'm fitting what I saw to my expectations but it did seem to me that we were playing faster and blitzing more. This could just be a case of because it was a young QB who struggles under pressure though. I thought the much maligned Sean Smith played well matching up against a larger, less quick WR but was concerned with how much we became passive at the end even though we had a 3 score lead. I guess most co-ordinators would do that however.

It'll be extremely interesting to see how we play Geno Smith now he's been named the starter, again I expect Pagano to try and pressure him and force him to make reads and give him nothing easy to get in stride. Strength of schedule cannot possibly be an excuse now we have played Lynch, Cutler and Geno. 

Offense needs to step up final ganes big time. need to score and have sustained drives much more to keep defense fresh. Downing still needs to gameplay better. He seems to add a little play or wrinkle here or there but thats all.

Archived