Our Coordinators

roi34

24 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

The defense worse than last year? Really? That's ridiculous. 

The entire defense is playing better than last year, and they would be even better and have more turnovers if the offense could score points.

With the offense so bad we've been pounded for bulk yard vs the run but the average is solid.

How you can watch 2 of the worst offenses (Ravens, Dolphins) look all world against this group and say they are better  is beyond me. 

Collectively, they are the same as last year except last year they Mack was playing at an MVP level and they could create turnovers. Bottom line... they were poorly coached a year ago and are poorly coached now. Mental errors, missed tackles, struggle to get off the field on 3rd down, lack of pass rush, can't cover RBs/TEs and WR run uncontested consistently. It's all the same as a year ago.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

A clock is right 2 times a day. The defense has been largely worst than a year ago. The difference is the offense has also been lackluster. So teams are not having to play wth the same sense of urgency. This defense looks good when Mack gets pressure... that's it. If he's doubled or worse, getting a held, they have no pass rush and can't cover anything.

Jay freaking Cutler had a career best game last week. Career best!! A player with bruised ribs, on his last football life on the 32nd ranked offense in the league carved this defense up. Completely embarrassing.

To be fair he got to that distinction with that garbage time drive at the end of the game. And was making only short throws in the first half that pumped up the numbers. But still the defense is has struggling but these posters dont mention any other cause but coaching.

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How you can watch 2 of the worst offenses (Ravens, Dolphins) look all world against this group and say they are better  is beyond me. 

Collectively, they are the same as last year except last year they Mack was playing at an MVP level and they could create turnovers. Bottom line... they were poorly coached a year ago and are poorly coached now. Mental errors, missed tackles, struggle to get off the field on 3rd down, lack of pass rush, can't cover RBs/TEs and WR run uncontested consistently. It's all the same as a year ago.

To preface I know people hate KNJ and we can all agree it's better to go in a different direction when his contract expires this off-season.

Ok, vs Baltimore the biggest problem was a talent issue aka Sean Smith's and Reggie Nelson's slow feet. After that it was Baltimore pounding them into submission with the endless 3 and outs on offense. The dolphins checked down over and over and over again which our defense allows because we have to play cover 2 because we don't have the talent in our secondary to play man.

And collectively all those things are true for last year, but this year we have done much better vs tightends and organizing assignments. Red zone is also very good I can't think of any games this year the defense was just terrible like last year maybe K.C.?

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

Individually probably worse as we have almost the same guys, just older.

But collectively they are much better, much fewer communication issues and much better disguise. 

I agree with individually. Collectively not so much. They might be the same at best. But not better. Let alone much better. Just my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

To be fair he got to that distinction with that garbage time drive at the end of the game. And was making only short throws in the first half that pumped up the numbers. But still the defense is has struggling but these posters dont mention any other cause but coaching.

Why? The main cause is KNJ it has been since he got hired.

I really wanted to give Downing the benefit of the doubt earlier in the season but what other reason could it be that the offense is struggling with even better personnel than last year?

KNJ is awful but we don't have enough talent on our defense for any DC to be successful calling plays and setting up schemes.

2 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I really wanted to give Downing the benefit of the doubt earlier in the season but what other reason could it be that the offense is struggling with even better personnel than last year?

KNJ is awful but we don't have enough talent on our defense for any DC to be successful calling plays and setting up schemes.

We do not have the greatest talent on D but we do not have the worst either.  I think the defense is playing below there talent and most of that comes from KNJ's inability to scheme or adapt.  If we had a great DC then he could get them to play above their talent level.  Our players make a lot of mistakes but there are to many stupid decisions coming from the sidelines.

Ted just put up an article where he said that this Miami offensive gamplan was solid. TD was finally using play action and RPO (run/pass option). He used Cook well and he did an overall solid job.

He knows a lot more about football then me and he seems like a reasonable guy, so I take his articles seriously...so I hope he is right, TD is getting his feet under him and we will be a lot better after the bye...

9 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I'm quoting you but I've seen it from a few people claiming lack of talent if why KNJ cant do alot. It's frankly b.s. I'm not saying week in and week out i expect a top 5 defense because there is a clear lack of big time playmakers on def. But when you keep running Nelson out there its not just from lack of talent. Lunai looked pretty good and has more to offer than nelson at this point. that's a coaching decision. We are banging up at corner no doubt but covering a wide open rb all year has been an issue. is that the players fault every single game? or is that a scheme and coaching issue. Other teams have the same talent level get are respectable on defense. We have Khalil Mack for crying out loud! KNJ excuses need to stop.. I've seen some better defense in the past with much less. 

We need a new coordinator period.

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

Ted just put up an article where he said that this Miami offensive gamplan was solid. TD was finally using play action and RPO (run/pass option). He used Cook well and he did an overall solid job.

He knows a lot more about football then me and he seems like a reasonable guy, so I take his articles seriously...so I hope he is right, TD is getting his feet under him and we will be a lot better after the bye...

who is Ted?

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Is he reputable?

I’d say so. He points out things other guys miss. For example I think it was Brian Baldinger tweeted about how the Raiders oline got overwhelmed by the Bills because Richard got tackled behind the LoS. Ted showed the wider coaches camera and pointed out Richard actually missed the hole. 

Archived