2022 Pro Days

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not a combine guy, so I wont be too active in this thread. I do like that it gives smaller school guys an avenue to show teams they're legit. But pretty much what top guys do at the combine, doesn't alter my opinion on them much. 

I'm with you. 

I'm not a fan of combine warriors because all the proof in the world is within their game tape of film. 

And I've never been a fan of 40 times (I can't stand them) because since when in the NFL do players (once on an NFL playing field) do players actually ever run in a straight line for 40 yards while in shorts and without shoulder pads and/or helmets on? Imo game speed on the field is all that matters and game speed doesn't lie. 

With that said I'll watch the combine, enjoy posts about it and look for some sleeper talents etc but I'm more of an NCAA on the field production fan than I am a workout session combine.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I like measurements for confirmation only.  As for as performance results, I may use them as last resort for first two rounds.  I do chase the results for 3rd round and later.

I do like seeing what guys measure bc sometimes the schools sites exaggerate.

Interested to see what Burks hands measure at. Word is they're 10 1/2" which is gigantic and would explain why catching the ball looks so natural to him.

London I expect to show off athleticism that a lot think he lacks.

I do like seeing some of the DEs bursts. I can careless about their 40s, but that initial burst I like seeing (those 1st 2-4 yards).

Same with TE. I want to see athleticism. TEs have the tendency to be tight bc of their size. I like a smooth moving TE. Kittle, Kelce, Andrews, etc all move great for their sizes. I want to see that from some of the TEs. Once again I don't care about the speed as much as I do athletic ability. 

I know my guys Obajo & Lloyd are going to kill it. I don't think anyone on my watch list needs a huge combine. Maybe a couple of LBs to show they can move well in open space, but that's about it. Maybe Clark, Mathis, Ruckert, Brandon Smith, Drake London, and Robinson Jr. I'm not locked into any of them, but I would be interested in what their numbers look like. 

There are some development Oline prospects I'm interested in as well. This class is deep imo. Even if JD signs a starting RG, I want him to grab some development players mid/late rounds to eventually earn their starting spot. 

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Drills matter, they can confirm or deny certain things. However we shouldn’t fall in love with anyone based off of anything here.

Sidenote, the Bills wanted Gabriel Davis to run a slow time at the combine so they could draft him later lol. I hope McBride runs 4.8

I have a feeling we’re telling McBride over these next couple weeks that if he’s there at 35… he will be a Jet. He does move very well for his size. As I’ve mentioned… he moves like Kelce when I watch him. It’s his blocking that he’ll need to showcase at the combine.

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a feeling we’re telling McBride over these next couple weeks that if he’s there at 35… he will be a Jet. He does move very well for his size. As I’ve mentioned… he moves like Kelce when I watch him. It’s his blocking that he’ll need to showcase at the combine.

I have a feeling he won’t be there at 35. I think he is the clear #1 TE prospect this year. It seems every year a TE goes in round 1 or early round 2. Don’t hold me to that since I am not looking it up. I can see Jax or Houston take him in round 2 before us. He’d  be a great help to their young QB’s and they probably know we would take him at 35.  We may have to get used to the idea of a Ruckert/Wydermeyer in a round 2 trade down.

25 minutes ago, xrade said:

I have a feeling he won’t be there at 35. I think he is the clear #1 TE prospect this year. It seems every year a TE goes in round 1 or early round 2. Don’t hold me to that since I am not looking it up. I can see Jax or Houston take him in round 2 before us. He’d  be a great help to their young QB’s and they probably know we would take him at 35.  We may have to get used to the idea of a Ruckert/Wydermeyer in a round 2 trade down.

Wydermeyer I think will impress at the combine. But Rickert I think is getting overhyped. I think at the combine he will show how he’s not very athletic. When I watch film of him, he just looks “tight” not very athletic, which most aren’t at that size. But guys like McBride, Wydermeyer, Ferguson look more fluid when they’re out there. And that’s not really something you can coach.

Ruckert and McBride are even.  When using them for same roles, they both should be effective at next level.  Ron Middleton may like Ruckert more than McBride.

I still think Jets will draft WR instead of TE in 2nd so in that case, I hope Jelani Woods and Jake Ferguson get secret applause from Jets.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wydermeyer I think will impress at the combine. But Rickert I think is getting overhyped. I think at the combine he will show how he’s not very athletic. When I watch film of him, he just looks “tight” not very athletic, which most aren’t at that size. But guys like McBride, Wydermeyer, Ferguson look more fluid when they’re out there. And that’s not really something you can coach.

I agree about Jeremy Ruckert. He reminds me of a Jace Amaro type of stiff. And his production @ Ohio State just wasn't there only 26 catches for only 309 receiving yards and 3 TDs as Senior this past season? No thanks. 

Jalen Wydermyer: 6'5/255 lbs. 

3 years. 

34 games. 

118 receptions. 

1,468 receiving yards. 

(12.4 yards per catch). 

16 TD Receptions. 

Vs. 

Trey McBride: 6'4/260 lbs. 

4 years. 

40 games. 

164 receptions. 

2,100 receiving yards. 

(12.8 yards per catch). 

10 TDs. 

Remember our (QB) conversation last night?

So the question now becomes...

A.) Are you going with Trey McBride who received the John Mackey Award for best TE in the Country and all because he had better stats than Jalen Wydermyer (while playing @ Colorado State) within an absolute crap MWC conference and got to play against crap teams such as UNLV, San Jose State, Hawaii, Nevada, Fresno State, San Diego State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Boise State, Air Force and Utah State. When's the last time any of these schools that he competed against ever won a National Championship? Sounds like he saw a zero (0) level of competition. 

vs. 

B.) Are you going with Jalen Wydermyer who didn't put up empty stats (as did Trey McBride) and actually played against elite SEC D's such as Georgia, Florida, LSU and Alabama etc and against just those 4 SEC schools alone he combined for 34 receptions and 3 TDs (8 games) while also becoming an All-SEC (3×) Second Team TE (2019–2021) and only finished behind Brock Bowers and Kyle Pitts (x2). 

Who you going with? 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

7 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I agree about Jeremy Ruckert. He reminds me of a Jace Amaro type of stiff. And his production @ Ohio State just wasn't there only 26 catches for only 309 receiving yards and 3 TDs as Senior this past season? No thanks. 

Jalen Wydermyer: 6'5/255 lbs. 

3 years. 

34 games. 

118 receptions. 

1,468 receiving yards. 

(12.4 yards per catch). 

16 TD Receptions. 

Vs. 

Trey McBride: 6'4/260 lbs. 

4 years. 

40 games. 

164 receptions. 

2,100 receiving yards. 

(12.8 yards per catch). 

10 TDs. 

Remember our (QB) conversation last night?

So the question now becomes...

A.) Are you going with Trey McBride who received the John Mackey Award for best TE in the Country and all because he had better stats than Jalen Wydermyer (while playing @ Colorado State) within an absolute crap MWC conference and got to play against crap teams such as UNLV, San Jose State, Hawaii, Nevada, Fresno State, San Diego State, New Mexico, Wyoming, Boise State, Air Force and Utah State. When's the last time any of these schools that he competed against ever won a National Championship? Sounds like he saw a zero (0) level of competition. 

vs. 

B.) Are you going with Jalen Wydermyer who didn't put up empty stats (as did Trey McBride) and actually played against elite SEC D's such as Georgia, Florida, LSU and Alabama etc and against just those 4 SEC schools alone he combined for 34 receptions and 3 TDs (8 games) while also becoming an All-SEC (3×) Second Team TE (2019–2021) and only finished behind Brock Bowers and Kyle Pitts (x2). 

Who you going with? 

Then we should not get Dalton Schultz.  His senior campaign was worse.

OSU didn't feature TE that much as they liked to play long developing games as their many WRs have statistics to show off.

50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Then we should not get Dalton Schultz.  His senior campaign was worse.

OSU didn't feature TE that much as they liked to play long developing games as their many WRs have statistics to show off.

Dalton Schultz is already a proven NFL beast TE and unlike Jeremy Ruckert; he's not an athletic stiff (as was Jace Amaro).