2022 Pro Days

JetsandI

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Has the combine ever raised red flags that teams ignored and drafted guys anyway?

If you are referring to a red flag causing a team to draft them at their projected slot, I am not sure.  The league is littered with players who were drafted in the same round as they were projected after red flag but maybe several slots lower.  Dan Marino and Warren Sapp come to mind.  DK Metcalf?

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Has the combine ever raised red flags that teams ignored and drafted guys anyway?

No but tons of teams have bought into guys speed and quickness drills in good and bad ways.

Was John Ross a 1st rounder if he didn’t run that 40? Would DK have slipped till Round 2 if he didn’t slip in agility drills? Every year there’s a handful of guys who move up or down for no reason besides the combine

Just now, xrade said:

If you are referring to a red flag causing a team to draft them at their projected slot, I am not sure.  The league is littered with players who were drafted in the same round as they were projected after red flag but maybe several slots lower.  Dan Marino and Warren Sapp come to mind.  DK Metcalf?

I mean something that showed teams that it was a clear issue for the prospect and they ignored it, drafted them early anyway and he turned out to be a bad pick. 

Metcalf slipped because of his 3 cone I think but he turned out good. I’m thinking of the opposite.

20 hours ago, xrade said:

Smart GM's only care about the interview portion of the combine.  Foolish GM's let the drills dictate positional value.  The combine has become nothing more than income for the NFL.  Most teams would probably just rather have an interview week and go to pro days for some final details.

Another good point I agree

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Another good point I agree

A TV movie entitled “The Wedding Veil Legacy”, released by Hallmark Channel as part of the greeting card company’s original films division, offers an optimistic outlook on the future of franchise quarterback Zach Wilson, who is fresh off his first year in the New York backfield.

Wilson is mentioned by name in a scene where the male protagonist, Nick Serchio (portrayed by Victor Webster), takes a break from saccharine romantic comedy antics to play gridiron prophet.

Did you make this happen??

Yeah, the combine really isn't going to stop me from wanting any of the prospects I really like but I am excited to see what Lloyd, Hamilton, London, Gardner, and Obajo do with their 40times. Obajo & Lloyd hitting 4.45 range wouldn't surprise me. Gardner's speed is hard to tell, but no one could separate from him. 

8 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Probably due to the fact they have no draft picks until 2050. 

Probably, but I still question the usefulness of the combine anymore.  It is an outdated concept that was relevant before all the digital stuff became available.  Interviews, on-field evaluations can all be done remotely.  But I also think the actual drills are losing their luster.  Do GM's really put that much stock into a 40 yard dash time?  I mean except for Al Davis.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Probably, but I still question the usefulness of the combine anymore.  It is an outdated concept that was relevant before all the digital stuff became available.  Interviews, on-field evaluations can all be done remotely.  But I also think the actual drills are losing their luster.  Do GM's really put that much stock into a 40 yard dash time?  I mean except for Al Davis.

I don't question it bc its great for smaller school guys. And are scouts really hurrying up to these really small school pro days? Heck I don't even know if all the small schools even run a pro day. So the senior bowl and combine are the only time they get to flash their skills. Not a lot of tape on those guys as well. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't question it bc its great for smaller school guys. And are scouts really hurrying up to these really small school pro days? Heck I don't even know if all the small schools even run a pro day. So the senior bowl and combine are the only time they get to flash their skills. Not a lot of tape on those guys as well. 

I guess.  Perhaps make the combine into a skills showcase for smaller schools.  A lot of highly regarding prospects skip this thing anyway.  Just invite all the non power 5 schools.  As for pro days, some talked about small school prospects usually wind up going to the closest big school pro day.