Rams search to replace O'Connell as OC

NVRamsFan

We've discussed the couple in house options namely Thomas Brown but they've put out a few interview requests outside the team. I'm pretty sure we all realize he's gone outside the team for every OC/DC he's had to hire. The other name that's come up but I'm not sure he's put in an interview request is Kentucky OC Liam Coen who was our assistant QB coach two years ago before moving to Kentucky as OC and they had one of their best seasons offensively ever. One things for certain whoever gets the job based on past performance is on the fast track to a head coaching gig.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Another young, talented coordinator. Gotta love it. Let's hope he keeps the trend going.

Yes and we saw he also interviewed a couple other young minds only to go with Coen who he knows and who obviously performed last year at Kentucky. That way when Coen is a head coach in a year or two we have people who can step in.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:35 AM, NVRamsFan said:

This is the gift that just keeps giving, too!

We make our hire to replace KOC and that, in turn, results in Kyle's staff getting picked over even more.  About time he felt some of our pain in that regard (also, potentially puts a hitch in Lance's development having to go to a second QB coach in as many years).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

This is the gift that just keeps giving, too!

We make our hire to replace KOC and that, in turn, results in Kyle's staff getting picked over even more.  About time he felt some of our pain in that regard (also, potentially puts a hitch in Lance's development having to go to a second QB coach in as many years).

I saw that! We get our guy and a division rival loses theirs at a time they need him with a young qb. The gift that keeps on giving.

I just hope next year running game will be more exciting....i'm getting bored of the 3-5 yards rush per attempt....i want to see big gain in the running ground again. 

Also, what happened to the screen passing game and jet sweep motion ? It looks like Mcvay gave up these plays last year.